Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Sad I won't be able to get away this summer

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 9:09 am
Because I will have to use up my PTO on a family situation.

I was really looking forward to the break, especially because I'm expecting and don't know the next time I'll be able to get away after the baby.

I'm hearing about all my friends plans, mostly just family trips and nothing extravagant, but I'm feeling so jealous.

Just venting I guess.

amother
Chambray

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 9:19 am
Can you go away for a weekend? Do Sunday trips?

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 9:21 am
amother Chambray wrote:
Can you go away for a weekend? Do Sunday trips?

Probably not a weekend, but maybe we can do something on Sundays. Thanks for the idea.

Still I was hoping to get away at least 1-2 nights and have a real change in scenery..

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 9:23 am
Does the situation warrant family leave as opposed to PTO?
Just double check your benefits so it doesn't cut into your maternity leave.
I, personally, would take a day or 2 unpaid. Getting away is important for your mental health. If you take a long weekend you can leave Friday afternoon, obviously limiting your travel distance, and fome back Monday night. Then you only miss 1 day. Or leave Thursday night and miss 2 days

mha3484

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 9:24 am
July 4th is a Thursday can you take off Friday and have a long weekend? This is assuming your off on legal holidays. But when its a Thursday most offices will be dead on Friday.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 9:25 am
amother Bluebonnet wrote:
Does the situation warrant family leave as opposed to PTO?
Just double check your benefits so it doesn't cut into your maternity leave.
I, personally, would take a day or 2 unpaid. Getting away is important for your mental health. If you take a long weekend you can leave Friday afternoon, obviously limiting your travel distance, and fome back Monday night. Then you only miss 1 day. Or leave Thursday night and miss 2 days

No, it's not a medical situation so I can't use family leave. Thanks for the idea though.

I can take unpaid but my husband is also using up his PTO and can't.

Is it crazy to take a day or two just for myself and leave my husband with the kids?

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 9:25 am
mha3484 wrote:
July 4th is a Thursday can you take off Friday and have a long weekend? This is assuming your off on legal holidays. But when its a Thursday most offices will be dead on Friday.

I'm not off on legal holidays but my husband is.. this might be an option for us thank you!

amother
Tealblue

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 4:11 pm
I had same situation. I hope to just take a couple days unpaid leave & DH will use up his PTO.

amother
Cinnamon

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 4:18 pm
I feel the same way but ours is financial. We aren't making ends meet and I am desperate for a few days off. Unfortunately that was YT and will be YT again but can't take time off unpaid. And yes I worked chol hamoed.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics