Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
If I can buy linen & towels on amazon…
1  2  Next

amother
OP  

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 4:00 pm
Why do people buy from other websites that don’t offer returns?
Let’s say I buy a set of towels or a set of linen on amazon and I’m not happy with it after I open it and check out the quality, I can just return it.
If I buy the same thing from a random website that says they don’t offer returns due to hygenic concerns, why would I buy from them over amazon? How do they stay in business?

amother
Seagreen  

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 4:06 pm
I wouldn’t want to sleep on linen someone bought used one night and returned that’s very unsanitary.

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 4:07 pm
amother Seagreen wrote:
I wouldn’t want to sleep on linen someone bought used one night and returned that’s very unsanitary.

So how does amazon take it back? I think Macys and kohl’s also do…

amother
  Seagreen

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 4:08 pm
amother OP wrote:
So how does amazon take it back? I think Macys and kohl’s also do…

Not sure. TBH about Amazon I heard all returns are either thrown out or put in pallets where people buy pallets of unknown items.

Not sure what’s Macys and kohls do since I never bought linens from there.

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 4:12 pm
So I can buy a set of cheap linen on amazon for $35 and after I open it and decide I don’t like it, I can return it for a full refund.

I can buy something similar from a different website that probably charges more and won’t accept returns. How do they make enough sales to stay open?

amother
Bergamot

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 4:30 pm
Most likely, the sets on Amazon are a lower quality to begin with. The other linen stores who don't offer free returns - are they selling $35 sets?

Basically are you comparing apples to oranges?

amother
Tan

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 4:35 pm
I don't know about sheets, but amazon does sell open box items at a discount. Otherwise, you are buying new, unopened packages.

There must be other options between amazon and places that don't allow returns. I would almost never buy something that doesn't allow returns. But I also buy my sheets from Walmart and love them.

Chayalle

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 4:53 pm
I buy from websites that have a reputation for quality.
For example, Lands End doesn't have the easiest returns, but I bought my Kallah towels from LE because of their reputation for quality towels.
I bought her Pottery Barn linen for the same reason. My married daughter loves her PB linen.

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 5:15 pm
I always wash linen and towels before I use them!!

ra_mom  

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 5:17 pm
amother OP wrote:
So I can buy a set of cheap linen on amazon for $35 and after I open it and decide I don’t like it, I can return it for a full refund.

I can buy something similar from a different website that probably charges more and won’t accept returns. How do they make enough sales to stay open?

You're right about towels, but not about linen. The Amazon linen I tried was either horrible synthetic material, or cotton that was expensive and wrinkled terribly- can't return after washed and dried and found out.

amother
Snowdrop

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 9:07 pm
I don’t know what kind of linen you are buying on Amazon but almost all of my sets, children’s and master are from Amazon and I love all of them. They’re all great quality, some of them are quite a few years old already and still looking great

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 10:05 pm
ra_mom wrote:
You're right about towels, but not about linen. The Amazon linen I tried was either horrible synthetic material, or cotton that was expensive and wrinkled terribly- can't return after washed and dried and found out.

I agree that often the linen is not top quality but I still buy sets for camp on amazon. Often people don’t want to spend for whatever reason ( finance/ camp / dorm) and buying a cheaper set is most practical.
(Happens to be that I actually did find very high quality linen on amazon after searching for a very long time for less than the frum stores would sell it for.)

amother
Tomato  

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 10:12 pm
Amazon has a lot to Chinese junk. I only get things on there if they are selling a company I know. I don’t want garbage and yes I can tell the difference. There is a huge market for quality products that’s how they stay in business.

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 10:30 pm
amother Tomato wrote:
Amazon has a lot to Chinese junk. I only get things on there if they are selling a company I know. I don’t want garbage and yes I can tell the difference. There is a huge market for quality products that’s how they stay in business.

Quality products when you are sending a few kids to camp for 1 month?

amother
  Tomato

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 10:32 pm
amother OP wrote:
Quality products when you are sending a few kids to camp for 1 month?

That wasn’t your question. You asked how anyone stays in business. For that I get the cheap ones in local stores close out connections it’s still better than the Chinese junk on Amazon.

ra_mom

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 11:30 pm
amother OP wrote:
I agree that often the linen is not top quality but I still buy sets for camp on amazon. Often people don’t want to spend for whatever reason ( finance/ camp / dorm) and buying a cheaper set is most practical.
(Happens to be that I actually did find very high quality linen on amazon after searching for a very long time for less than the frum stores would sell it for.)

If you want to share the link, I'm sure many people would love to try.

amother
Ruby  

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 9:35 am
2 sets I own that are perfect quality. I can post more if youd like

Helthep Duvet Cover Full Size,100% 600TC Washable Egyptian Cotton Duvet Cover Full Size (80"x 90") with 2 Pillowcases(20"x 26"),4 Corner Ties,Zipper Closure.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BZ.....ss_tl

https://linenloftnj.com/produc.....54490

Superior 100% Cotton Duvet Cover Set, Soft 3-Piece Duvet Set, Includes 1 Duvet Cover with Button Closure, 2 Pillow Shams, Sydney Collection, King/California King Size, Blue
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F.....ss_tl

https://domanihome.com/product.....y=USD

amother
Melon  

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 10:04 am
As a linen store owner I have so much to say. I’ll keep most of it to myself. But just fyi Ruby - the first example you posted is $50 for one twin bed without a fitted sheet. I sell that set in my store for $119 for 2 beds with fitted sheets. So where’s the good deal?
The second set you posted doesn’t even come in twin. They’re only offering full/queen and king sizes. Also without fitted sheets. Once you start cutting it down and matching up sheets I’m not sure how much money you save.

Regarding Amazon - they do NOT absorb any of the returns. They throw it back on the seller. The seller is the one who loses when you send back an item in unsalable condition. Many Amazon sellers are Jewish. So you Shd ask your LOR before returning items that the seller cannot resell!

amother
  Ruby  

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 10:11 am
I got the full size which was over 200 in the stores..

amother
  OP  

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 10:34 am
amother Melon wrote:
As a linen store owner I have so much to say. I’ll keep most of it to myself. But just fyi Ruby - the first example you posted is $50 for one twin bed without a fitted sheet. I sell that set in my store for $119 for 2 beds with fitted sheets. So where’s the good deal?
The second set you posted doesn’t even come in twin. They’re only offering full/queen and king sizes. Also without fitted sheets. Once you start cutting it down and matching up sheets I’m not sure how much money you save.

Regarding Amazon - they do NOT absorb any of the returns. They throw it back on the seller. The seller is the one who loses when you send back an item in unsalable condition. Many Amazon sellers are Jewish. So you Shd ask your LOR before returning items that the seller cannot resell!

What renders a set of linen unsalable? Is the fact that it was opened a problem? Do you have a way to re fold and package linen that was already open to look new again?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics