Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Appliances- need advice on all!

NewStart

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 8:01 pm
Building a house!

I cook and bake constantly, so everything will get heavy use.

What would you suggest for refrigerator, ovens, stove, dishwasher?

TIA

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 9:01 pm
What kind of budget?

This is something you should be discussing with your kitchen designer. Have you decided on sizes?

amother
Gold

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 9:03 pm
The fewer electronics, the better. They always break.

NewStart

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 9:06 pm
I don’t find that kitchen designers know a thing about what appliances can handle heavy duty use. Budget is higher end.

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 9:18 pm
Are you in tristate area? Recently did my kitchen with middle of road price appliances at Town Appliance in Lakewood. So helpful and knowledgeable.
I got:
Dairy side - Frigidaire 30” induction cooktop with GE wall oven under it, Bosch Dishwasher
Meat side - GE 5 burner 36” gas cooktop, GE profile double electric wall oven with convection (good for baking, roasting vegetables etc), Dacor warming drawer (only one with rabbi approved shabbos mode - speak to your lor, we only use with food we put in before shabbos, can’t put things in on shabbos but can open and close as needed, has timer to shut off after meal), Frigidaire professional fridge freezer (the big size) but theyre not made well anymore so ask about this, if your budget allows subzero it’s much better but like 20k

NewStart

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 10:01 pm
amother Razzmatazz wrote:
Are you in tristate area? Recently did my kitchen with middle of road price appliances at Town Appliance in Lakewood. So helpful and knowledgeable.
I got:
Dairy side - Frigidaire 30” induction cooktop with GE wall oven under it, Bosch Dishwasher
Meat side - GE 5 burner 36” gas cooktop, GE profile double electric wall oven with convection (good for baking, roasting vegetables etc), Dacor warming drawer (only one with rabbi approved shabbos mode - speak to your lor, we only use with food we put in before shabbos, can’t put things in on shabbos but can open and close as needed, has timer to shut off after meal), Frigidaire professional fridge freezer (the big size) but theyre not made well anymore so ask about this, if your budget allows subzero it’s much better but like 20k

So helpful! Thank you!

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 10:05 pm
NewStart wrote:
I don’t find that kitchen designers know a thing about what appliances can handle heavy duty use. Budget is higher end.

I am a kitchen designer and know a fair bit about appliances Yes, of course appliance dealers know more — that's their specialty. Repairmen are also good people to talk to. Appliances are an early decision because they impact layout and cabinet sizes.

High end good brands, my opinion:

Gas stoves: Wolf, Bluestar. The regular Bluestar gas stove has no computer parts. It also has no self-clean.

Ovens: Wolf

Gas cooktops/rangetops: Bluestar

Dishwashers: Miele.

Refrigerators... I like GE/Cafe/Monogram because of the Shabbos Keeper. Subzero.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics