Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Who will be our next President?
Previous  1  2

Who will be our next President?
McCain  
 61%  [ 38 ]
Obama  
 38%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 62

ora_43

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 3:20 am
Seraph wrote:
Oh, btw, the fact that in her acceptance speech she spoke about herself and her family seems like a plus to me- she shows she's a real person, with real values, a person who cares about people. I think someone who is a self made woman who cares about her family and family values is a much better choice for potential president because she is REAL. I think thats what she was trying to show in her speech. She's a real person like me and you. Someone who can understand real people, and will try to make a better like for real people.

I do not understand this mentality at all.

Personally, I do not want a "real," folksy person sitting in the White House. I want a president who is smarter than me and much more educated than me and so busy thinking about politics and world affairs that we would have nothing to talk about were we to meet, which we wouldn't, because he or she would be too busy running the country to ever meet with the likes of me. I don't want a president who puts family first. I want a president who puts running the country above anything, including their own personal life.

Fortunately, I think Palin is putting on an act as much as anybody else. "Family values" that include giving an important speech while leaking amniotic fluid and returning to work three days after giving birth are the kind a politician needs, IMO. It's too bad her main political experience is in running a town with a population less than one-third that of my university, otherwise she might have a shot. (although according to Fox news, she does have foreign policy experience, because her state borders on Russia. Rolling Laughter )

Akeres Habayis

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 3:35 am
u go girl!
thnks ora43
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics