Home
Log in / Sign Up
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Would you get a carseat not compatible with your stroller?
1  2  Next



Post new topic   Reply to topic View latest: 24h 48h 72h



Would you get a carseat not compatible with your stroller?
Yes  
 60%  [ 17 ]
No  
 39%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 28



amother
OP


 

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 10:42 am
I have an Uppababy Vista stroller and my old Uppababy Mesa carseat expired. Trying to decide if I should get a compatible carseat or not.

The only carseat that works without adapters is the Mesa and it's expensive. There are a number of other ones that work but none very cheap either.

I'm tempted to get a cheap Graco, but will I be annoyed that I can't use it with my stroller frame? What do you think?
Back to top

amother
Maize


 

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 10:43 am
I have the uppababy vista,doona and another infant seat.
Back to top

amother
Starflower


 

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 10:44 am
Car seat is for the car.
Stroller is for walking around. I don't get the problem.

BTW, I have the graco with the frame that you can take it out of the car and push it around. I love it so much, much better than the Doona. But that's just me.
Back to top

amother
OP


 

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 10:47 am
amother Starflower wrote:
Car seat is for the car.
Stroller is for walking around. I don't get the problem.

BTW, I have the graco with the frame that you can take it out of the car and push it around. I love it so much, much better than the Doona. But that's just me.


Yeah so that's what I'm thinking about doing. Graco with frame.

There are some times when it's convenient to leave the baby in the carseat, but still have good wheels for uneven paths. For instance, if baby is napping and you go to a park or on a trip. Or if you want to go to a store and have the big basket for stashing things
Back to top

mizle10




 
 
    
 

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 10:47 am
As long as it works with adapters
Back to top

amother
OP


 

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 10:48 am
mizle10 wrote:
As long as it works with adapters


I think the only affordable ones that work with adapters are Chicco Keyfit. Are those good carseats? They don't seem very lightweight
Back to top

Hamayvin Yavin




 
 
    
 

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 10:51 am
I have a car seat that doesn’t connect to my stroller. The car seat stays in the car. Stroller goes in the trunk. I take a baby carrier for hikes
Back to top

mizle10




 
 
    
 

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 10:56 am
Hamayvin Yavin wrote:
I have a car seat that doesn’t connect to my stroller. The car seat stays in the car. Stroller goes in the trunk. I take a baby carrier for hikes


What if you take baby on errands and baby falls asleep in the car? Do you wake baby or lug the car seat around?
Back to top

Hamayvin Yavin




 
 
    
 

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 11:01 am
[url=https://www.imamother.com/forum/viewt
opic.php?p=7696517#7696517]mizle10[/url] wrote:
What if you take baby on errands and baby falls asleep in the car? Do you wake baby or lug the car seat around?


We take him out. He never wakes up fir more than a second and then goes right back to sleep
Back to top

amother
OP


 

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 11:02 am
Hamayvin Yavin wrote:
We take him out. He never wakes up fir more than a second and then goes right back to sleep


You're lucky! But also is the baby very young? I could see that working until maybe 4-5 months old but not past that
Back to top

amother
Aconite


 

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 11:04 am
My babies would wake up even if we took them out in the car seat. May as well leave it in the car.
Back to top

Hamayvin Yavin




 
 
    
 

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 11:05 am
amother OP wrote:
You're lucky! But also is the baby very young? I could see that working until maybe 4-5 months old but not past that


Yes, he’s 4 months old
Back to top

Iymnok




 
 
    
 

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 11:08 am
I have a convertible car seat in the car and I move my baby to my UPPAbaby Cruz. I don't like a baby being in a car seat for too long. She's 1 now, but it's been the same from the beginning.
Back to top

amother
Rainbow


 

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 11:12 am
Try goodbuybaby.com their car seats are discounted. I would try to get a car seat that fits it’s a big convenience. The frame plus graco car seat will cost about the same. Another idea is, you get a travel stroller and compatible car seat. Summer infant makes a cheap one hand fold stroller that takes a car seat it’s more worth it then getting a car seat frame
Back to top

amother
OP


 

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 11:13 am
amother Rainbow wrote:
Try goodbuybaby.com their car seats are discounted. I would try to get a car seat that fits it’s a big convenience. The frame plus graco car seat will cost about the same. Another idea is, you get a travel stroller and compatible car seat. Summer infant makes a cheap one hand fold stroller that takes a car seat it’s more worth it then getting a car seat frame


Aren't those used carseats? I don't think I would want to do that from a safety perspective

Thanks for the idea about the travel stroller.
Back to top

cla




 
 
    
 

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 11:17 am
I like to keep a snap n go base in the trunk of the car and leave the stroller for home use. It's extra wear and tear to constantly be putting it in the trunk and then I forget to take it out and don't have it for shabhos. The snap n go is cheap and I don't care if it gets beaten up.
Back to top

amother
OP


 

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 11:22 am
Thanks everyone for weighing in, gonna think about all of this before purchasing a new carseat.
Back to top

seeker




 
 
    
 

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 1:49 pm
I voted yes but I would also get a snap n go to keep in the car. It's not hard to find a used one free or cheap.
Back to top

amother
cornflower


 

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 3:03 pm
We got regular car seats that stayed in the car. We didn't carry our kids in an infant carrier but brought them down to the car in a stroller and transferred them to the car seat. If I had to do it all over again maybe I would do differently, IDK. It was a pain getting the kid in and out of a rear-facing car seat (in a two-door subcompact no less!) and didn't do our backs any favors, either. OTOH those infant carrier/car seat/stroller jobs are awfully heavy and maneuvering them in and out doesn't do anyone's back any favors, either. You don't have to be quite as agile, but you have to have good upper body strength.
Back to top

amother
Royalblue


 

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 3:52 pm
amother OP wrote:
Yeah so that's what I'm thinking about doing. Graco with frame.

There are some times when it's convenient to leave the baby in the carseat, but still have good wheels for uneven paths. For instance, if baby is napping and you go to a park or on a trip. Or if you want to go to a store and have the big basket for stashing things


I use a snap n go with a cheap car seat or transfer to my Vista, when baby naps she usually transfers just fine.
Back to top
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics




Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Valco Double Stroller
by amother
0 Fri, Jun 07 2024, 10:48 am View last post
Best double stroller with buggy board
by amother
42 Thu, May 30 2024, 9:43 am View last post
Travel stroller
by amother
12 Mon, May 27 2024, 8:08 pm View last post
[ Poll ] Baby stroller for $3,800 ???
by amother
6 Mon, May 27 2024, 7:50 pm View last post
by GLUE
Double stroller
by amother
3 Mon, May 27 2024, 7:34 pm View last post