Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Would you get a carseat not compatible with your stroller?
1  2  Next

Would you get a carseat not compatible with your stroller?
Yes  
 62%  [ 18 ]
No  
 37%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 29

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 1:42 pm
I have an Uppababy Vista stroller and my old Uppababy Mesa carseat expired. Trying to decide if I should get a compatible carseat or not.

The only carseat that works without adapters is the Mesa and it's expensive. There are a number of other ones that work but none very cheap either.

I'm tempted to get a cheap Graco, but will I be annoyed that I can't use it with my stroller frame? What do you think?

amother
Maize

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 1:43 pm
I have the uppababy vista,doona and another infant seat.

amother
Starflower

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 1:44 pm
Car seat is for the car.
Stroller is for walking around. I don't get the problem.

BTW, I have the graco with the frame that you can take it out of the car and push it around. I love it so much, much better than the Doona. But that's just me.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 1:47 pm
amother Starflower wrote:
Car seat is for the car.
Stroller is for walking around. I don't get the problem.

BTW, I have the graco with the frame that you can take it out of the car and push it around. I love it so much, much better than the Doona. But that's just me.

Yeah so that's what I'm thinking about doing. Graco with frame.

There are some times when it's convenient to leave the baby in the carseat, but still have good wheels for uneven paths. For instance, if baby is napping and you go to a park or on a trip. Or if you want to go to a store and have the big basket for stashing things

mizle10

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 1:47 pm
As long as it works with adapters

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 1:48 pm
mizle10 wrote:
As long as it works with adapters

I think the only affordable ones that work with adapters are Chicco Keyfit. Are those good carseats? They don't seem very lightweight

Hamayvin Yavin

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 1:51 pm
I have a car seat that doesn’t connect to my stroller. The car seat stays in the car. Stroller goes in the trunk. I take a baby carrier for hikes

mizle10

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 1:56 pm
Hamayvin Yavin wrote:
I have a car seat that doesn’t connect to my stroller. The car seat stays in the car. Stroller goes in the trunk. I take a baby carrier for hikes

What if you take baby on errands and baby falls asleep in the car? Do you wake baby or lug the car seat around?

Hamayvin Yavin

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 2:01 pm
[url=https://www.imamother.com/forum/viewt
opic.php?p=7696517#7696517]mizle10[/url] wrote:
What if you take baby on errands and baby falls asleep in the car? Do you wake baby or lug the car seat around?

We take him out. He never wakes up fir more than a second and then goes right back to sleep

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 2:02 pm
Hamayvin Yavin wrote:
We take him out. He never wakes up fir more than a second and then goes right back to sleep

You're lucky! But also is the baby very young? I could see that working until maybe 4-5 months old but not past that

amother
Aconite

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 2:04 pm
My babies would wake up even if we took them out in the car seat. May as well leave it in the car.

Hamayvin Yavin

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 2:05 pm
amother OP wrote:
You're lucky! But also is the baby very young? I could see that working until maybe 4-5 months old but not past that

Yes, he’s 4 months old

Iymnok

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 2:08 pm
I have a convertible car seat in the car and I move my baby to my UPPAbaby Cruz. I don't like a baby being in a car seat for too long. She's 1 now, but it's been the same from the beginning.

amother
Rainbow

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 2:12 pm
Try goodbuybaby.com their car seats are discounted. I would try to get a car seat that fits it’s a big convenience. The frame plus graco car seat will cost about the same. Another idea is, you get a travel stroller and compatible car seat. Summer infant makes a cheap one hand fold stroller that takes a car seat it’s more worth it then getting a car seat frame

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 2:13 pm
amother Rainbow wrote:
Try goodbuybaby.com their car seats are discounted. I would try to get a car seat that fits it’s a big convenience. The frame plus graco car seat will cost about the same. Another idea is, you get a travel stroller and compatible car seat. Summer infant makes a cheap one hand fold stroller that takes a car seat it’s more worth it then getting a car seat frame

Aren't those used carseats? I don't think I would want to do that from a safety perspective

Thanks for the idea about the travel stroller.

cla

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 2:17 pm
I like to keep a snap n go base in the trunk of the car and leave the stroller for home use. It's extra wear and tear to constantly be putting it in the trunk and then I forget to take it out and don't have it for shabhos. The snap n go is cheap and I don't care if it gets beaten up.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 2:22 pm
Thanks everyone for weighing in, gonna think about all of this before purchasing a new carseat.

seeker

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 4:49 pm
I voted yes but I would also get a snap n go to keep in the car. It's not hard to find a used one free or cheap.

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 6:03 pm
We got regular car seats that stayed in the car. We didn't carry our kids in an infant carrier but brought them down to the car in a stroller and transferred them to the car seat. If I had to do it all over again maybe I would do differently, IDK. It was a pain getting the kid in and out of a rear-facing car seat (in a two-door subcompact no less!) and didn't do our backs any favors, either. OTOH those infant carrier/car seat/stroller jobs are awfully heavy and maneuvering them in and out doesn't do anyone's back any favors, either. You don't have to be quite as agile, but you have to have good upper body strength.

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 6:52 pm
amother OP wrote:
Yeah so that's what I'm thinking about doing. Graco with frame.

There are some times when it's convenient to leave the baby in the carseat, but still have good wheels for uneven paths. For instance, if baby is napping and you go to a park or on a trip. Or if you want to go to a store and have the big basket for stashing things

I use a snap n go with a cheap car seat or transfer to my Vista, when baby naps she usually transfers just fine.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics