Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Memorable Sheva brachos

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 11 2024, 12:02 am
I’m hosting a Sheva brachos for my brother in law. It’s out of town and low key. It’s going to be a smallish group (around 20 ppl). Mainly family that we don’t see much. Not a super tight knit group.

I’m planning on buffet, laid back… as per the request of the couple.

However, I do want it to be beautiful. And memorable.

What “shtick” can I add to the decor that will bring it to the next level. My teen suggested little cards next to all the food with the name of the food on it. Good idea?

What else?

I plan on going to a table cloth rental for a beautiful tablecloth. What else do I need?

What about entertainment? I can have 2 men speak. What else to make it memorable? Don’t think they’d appreciate a game.

I want them to leave the night feeling that it was special. They deserve it and I want to make it happen for them.

Mommysrock

Post Tue, Jun 11 2024, 12:06 am
Maybe mints by everyone's place w a pic of the couple ' mint to be'

penguin

Post Tue, Jun 11 2024, 12:11 am
If relevant' a slide show w pix of choson and/or kallah, little interviews w nieces & nephews or sibs if u have s/o who know how to do that.

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Jun 11 2024, 12:11 am
I was recently at a sheva brachos where someone had taken multiple different pictures of the chosson and kallah at the wedding and they had an 8x10 frame on each table with a different picture. It was a really nice touch.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 11 2024, 12:21 am
I may have a Neice who can pull together a slideshow. If I can’t get a projector is a regular laptop ok to show it on?! What do I ask everyone to say.. just wishing the couple mazel tov?

Love the other ideas as well. Please keep em coming!

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Jun 11 2024, 2:44 am
amother OP wrote:
I may have a Neice who can pull together a slideshow. If I can’t get a projector is a regular laptop ok to show it on?! What do I ask everyone to say.. just wishing the couple mazel tov?

Love the other ideas as well. Please keep em coming!

Get household/ random items with index cards for each person and everyone has to write a Bracha or advice that connects to that item.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Jun 11 2024, 4:16 am
amother Plum wrote:
Get household/ random items with index cards for each person and everyone has to write a Bracha or advice that connects to that item.

Please no
Not everyone is creative

Elfrida

Post Tue, Jun 11 2024, 4:37 am
Since you say it's mainly family, could you create a book with pictures of all the family members who will be present? Where possible, a photo of them with the chatan (since he seems to be the family member). Add in a few photos of the couple - from their engagement is fine, they do t have to be wedding photos Leave it out for everyone to sign on 'their' page with a message or bracha for the couple.

That leaves the event low key, and doesn't put anyone on the spot to be creative or do things in public. It dies give everyone a chance to say what they want, and gives the couple a nice memento to take away.

amother
DarkViolet

Post Tue, Jun 11 2024, 7:17 am
amother Plum wrote:

I don’t understand This trend. It is a sheva brachos not a chanuka party or ladies night out.
You can write brachos without the items.
Elfrida’s suggestion is a good one.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 11 2024, 12:52 pm
Amazing. Thank you

What about decor? What can I do to make it look classy without spending too much

Elfrida

Post Wed, Jun 12 2024, 2:42 pm
The best way is to keep it simple. Stick to two colours, or different shades of one colour.

amother
Vanilla

Post Wed, Jun 12 2024, 4:54 pm
A while back by my sister's Sheva Brochas we were all given a sheet to fill out which had questions like. What should the chosson /kallah be warned about their new family. What is your best/simple recipe or cooking tip for the kallah. What is your best marriage tip. Etc. who ever wanted filled it out (no names) and if they wanted could do it funny or serious. They put it together in a binder after and read out a few funny/good ones. They gave it to the chosson and kallah.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Jun 12 2024, 5:24 pm
Tall candles. Super soft music.

Dolly151

Post Thu, Jun 13 2024, 10:43 am
Agree to the above... And babies breath!! It's so classy and not expensive. A coupe yrs ago I got these short simple cases from dollar tree and put only white flowers in. Looks super classy. And pick a color scheme. It makes it look rly nice and makes it easier to make appealing to the eye.

amother
Jasmine

Post Thu, Jun 13 2024, 10:33 pm
Buy a pretty journal
Everybody needs to write in a funny memory about the chussen or kalA
Or everybody needs to bring along a good basic recipe to stick in to make it into a cookbook
Or just a nice message/brucha and they have a nice journal to take home

amother
RosePink

Post Fri, Jun 14 2024, 12:09 am
You can hand out recipe cards and have everyone write down their favorite recipe. Or a recipe for a happy marriage.
It's fun and the couple has a good time reading them later that night.

amother
Ruby

Post Fri, Jun 14 2024, 12:27 am
amother OP wrote:
I’m hosting a Sheva brachos for my brother in law. It’s out of town and low key. It’s going to be a smallish group (around 20 ppl). Mainly family that we don’t see much. Not a super tight knit group.

I’m planning on buffet, laid back… as per the request of the couple.

However, I do want it to be beautiful. And memorable.

What “shtick” can I add to the decor that will bring it to the next level. My teen suggested little cards next to all the food with the name of the food on it. Good idea?

What else?

I plan on going to a table cloth rental for a beautiful tablecloth. What else do I need?

What about entertainment? I can have 2 men speak. What else to make it memorable? Don’t think they’d appreciate a game.

I want them to leave the night feeling that it was special. They deserve it and I want to make it happen for them.

Recipe cards where everyone writes their easiest or favorite recipe
My sister did it for me and it’s my favorite recipe book

amother
Violet

Post Fri, Jun 14 2024, 12:34 am
I dont know if this is your thing, but a Grammen/ nice poem about the chosson is always a hit in our family, with the last stanza or two being his meeting the kallah and something nice about the kallah and a bracha for the two of them.

I also like the idea of a slideshow.

Basically, something to upgrade it from an elegant meal to a family event.

amother
Seafoam

Post Fri, Jun 14 2024, 1:51 am
https://a.co/d/7GrKUQI

My friend did this by her nephew’s Sheva brachos and said it was really cute.

Everyone fills out a card and the couple gets it in this cute box to take home.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics