Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Palin's baby?!
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

Secbeb

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 6:00 pm
So, I have to say, when I saw Sarah Palin's acceptance speech on youtube, I was very impressed with her. She presented herself and spoke incredibly well. She's a smart choice for McCain as a new, fresh face, someone in touch with the working American etc.
I was also touched by her being a mom to a young baby, maintaining a family life while still being active in her career, especially with a special needs son.
But now, rumors are swirling around the internet that Trig, her son, is not actually hers, but her daughter, Bristol's.
Just having read these conspiracy theories in short; Palin never really showed. . . no one on her staff even knew she was pregnant until she announced it late in her pregnancy. . .her daughter was taken out of school for the last four months of her mother's pregnancy due to an illness. . . She was on the plane 8 hours the day her water broke and showed no symptoms. . .she was back to work 3 days after her son was born a month premature. . .in some family pictures her daughter looks pregnant while Sarah doesn't. . .etc.
Anyways - would this change your view on Sarah Palin strongly? Knowing that she lied to the American people if this was indeed her grandson? I actually feel some admiration in her protection of her daughter, her family. It actually doesn't bother me at all.
Of course this is all speculation - based on smear campaigning and conspiracy theories, but if it does hold some credence - does anyone really care?

soldat

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 6:11 pm
hmmm...
but wouldn't it make more sense for Palin herself to have a child with downs b/c of her age?
interesting.

chavamom

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 6:12 pm
I thought it was a ridiculous conspiracy theory, but there are some really weird things about this. Her water breaks and instead of going to a hospital in TX, she hops on a plane and takes an 8 hour flight WITH a layover back to rural AK to deliver the baby? If that's true, then she's an idiot! Her daughter was absent from school for *eight months * at the same time due to "mono"? All the photos of her from Jan. to April disappeared from the AK gov. site after the story was floated? And as for her claim that she carries small and just has an athletic build, well, here she is in a previous pregnancy....

There is something weird about this entire scenario.

busylady

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 6:12 pm
yep, I would definitely care. I was very impressed with the fact that the child was her, and I was kinda wondering/impressed how she juggles it all. It is nice to want to protect your dauughter, but the american people have a right to know the truth. But, it could all just be a conspiracy...

ora_43

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 6:13 pm
I've heard the rumors. Honestly, if it were true I would probably find it less disturbing than her official story, namely, that she travelled several hours on a plane while in premature labor with a baby she knew had special needs, and that she waited over 12 hours to see a doctor after beginning to leak amniotic fluid. If it's her daughter's baby she's a liar and may have caused her daughter some harm in attempting to hide the story, if it's her baby she showed real irresponsibility IMO.

chavamom

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 6:14 pm
link to the story and it's NOT from the National Enquirer (though it is a very Democratic leaning blog).

Secbeb

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 6:14 pm
Yes, women in their forties have a higher risk of having a down syndrome baby. But statistically speaking, because of the sheer volume of births of younger women, down syndrome babies are born in greater numbers to younger moms. . .

Raisin

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 6:33 pm
busylady wrote:
yep, I would definitely care. I was very impressed with the fact that the child was her, and I was kinda wondering/impressed how she juggles it all. It is nice to want to protect your dauughter, but the american people have a right to know the truth. But, it could all just be a conspiracy...

First of all, this all happened before she knew she was going to chosen as potential vp. What would you do - you are governor of a state, you suddenly discover that your teenage daughter has got herself pregnant. of course, the easy answer would be to make her have an abortion, or give it up for adoption. maybe she felt it was the right thing to do because she didn't want to send the wrong message to girls - that having a baby as a teenager is ok.

Chocoholic

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 6:40 pm
I saw the pictures of the teenage girl to "prove" she was pg. Let me tell you one thing, from time to time I have a belly that is exactly the same shape, and I promise you, I am not pregnant (rather too much nosh).

Clarissa

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 6:40 pm
I'm not a fan of hers and don't think she was a good choice for VP, but this wouldn't affect me negatively, as far as my opinion. Parents do what they can to help their children, and raising her grandchild as her own would certainly qualify, particularly if it's a SN child, which would be a lot for a young girl to handle. That said, I would be shocked if any of the strong, capable women I know returned to the workforce so soon after becoming a mother to any baby, much less a SN one. That's where my opinion of her might be affected, not if it's revealed that it is, in fact, her grandchild.

chavamom

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 6:41 pm
Chocoholic wrote:
I saw the pictures of the teenage girl to "prove" she was pg. Let me tell you one thing, from time to time I have a belly that is exactly the same shape, and I promise you, I am not pregnant (rather too much nosh).

You aren't 16 either........and I'm guessing have carried a pregnancy before.

Chocoholic

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 6:42 pm
chavamom wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:

You aren't 16 either........and I'm guessing have carried a pregnancy before.

I am 21 and I have never carried a pregnancy. B"h one day I will.

chavamom

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 6:56 pm
Clarissa wrote:
I'm not a fan of hers and don't think she was a good choice for VP, but this wouldn't affect me negatively, as far as my opinion. Parents do what they can to help their children, and raising her grandchild as her own would certainly qualify, particularly if it's a SN child, which would be a lot for a young girl to handle. That said, I would be shocked if any of the strong, capable women I know returned to the workforce so soon after becoming a mother to any baby, much less a SN one. That's where my opinion of her might be affected, not if it's revealed that it is, in fact, her grandchild.

I think if it turns out that the baby *is* hers and she got on a plane with ruptured membranes and dillydallied her way out to rural AK to deliver her DS baby (over the course of an entire day).......that would more negatively effect my opinion. What a silly and dangerous thing to do!

Chocoholic

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 7:00 pm
I showed the 2 pictures of Sarahs DD to my husband and asked him: fat or pregnant. "Fat" he said. That is fat, I know what it looks like (pointing at my belly, that is very similar). LOL

Strudel

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 7:08 pm
One site has a family picture taken about 6 weeks before the baby was born a preemie. True, Palin doesn't look pregnant, but neither does her daughter, who'd be about 7 months then. She just looks like a teenage girl with a bit of tummy fat (= normal)

NotInNJMommy

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 7:24 pm
re: the pic, I was a LOT heavier with my first than later on. (I was eating for 2 pregnant women...not for 1 woman and 1 baby).

1 woman + 1 baby = 1 pregnant woman (in this theorem)

mugsisme

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 7:47 pm
Try to find the statistics of women who have a baby with downs under age 20. I have not be able to. The fact is, for women 20-25, the rate is about 0.1%. I have been searching for the rate of teens who have a baby w/ DS, but I just can't find it. If anyone does, I would love to see it.

My 13 yr old DD has a belly just like that. She eats too much chips and nosh. My 18 year old had one until this summer, when she decided to cut out the junk food. I also tend to hold fat in my belly. (Yeah, I know. Unhealthy.)

Finally, on my Aug 02 playgroup, there was a mom who was 9 months pregnant with her baby, and she was in a bikini. I tell you, none of us could believe how she looked. She was not a star athlete or anything like that. She just carried small. (It was not her first baby.)

My mom has a picture of herself when she was 7 months pregnant with my brother. She was going through a very messy divorce and was incredibly stressed out. She is so skinny. It could be that with one pregnancy you gain a lot and carry big, with another you don't.

The only thing I found very disturbing was when I heard on Friday that she went back to work when her baby was 3 days old. At 3 days postpartum, I am laying around and being a blob. I can't imagine getting dressed up to go to WORK.

chavamom

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 8:06 pm
mugsisme wrote:
Try to find the statistics of women who have a baby with downs under age 20. I have not be able to. The fact is, for women 20-25, the rate is about 0.1%. I have been searching for the rate of teens who have a baby w/ DS, but I just can't find it. If anyone does, I would love to see it.

85% of DS babies are born to women under 40. It does happen, even to teens.

Quote:

Finally, on my Aug 02 playgroup, there was a mom who was 9 months pregnant with her baby, and she was in a bikini. I tell you, none of us could believe how she looked. She was not a star athlete or anything like that. She just carried small. (It was not her first baby.)

My mom has a picture of herself when she was 7 months pregnant with my brother. She was going through a very messy divorce and was incredibly stressed out. She is so skinny. It could be that with one pregnancy you gain a lot and carry big, with another you don't.

It's not usually like that and they had said she tended to "carry small" in her other pregnancies. Appears NOT.

Miss Missie

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 8:07 pm
I feel the same about going back to work 3 days after giving birth. I can't comprehend how you could gather the strength to go back to work let alone work as a governor. When my mother gave birth to my brother she shared a hospital room with a non-jewish women which went to work the day that she left the hospital. I guess some humans are superhuman after all!

curlytop

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 8:45 pm
Wow this is wild
I think its the daughter's baby just from the way she was looking at her bro in the pictures-- a little too lovingly for an older sister... but never too lovingly for a mom!!
Page 1 of 8   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics