Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Palin's baby?!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

shosh

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 10:44 am
I would tend to agree, even if I am British. I could never stand Marmite, and I don't drink tea either, especially not at tea time. But then, I guess I've become Israeli, and it's hummus and Turkish salad in my house, with schug instead of ketchup!

OldYoung

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 10:46 am
They were not original names though, that's why I edited. They are the names of a bunch of kids of celebrities.

And ketchup tastes better with french fries than vinegar does.

shosh

You know that Woody Allen has a kid called Satchel? I always thought that must be awful, especially on the first day of the school year!

shosh

Actually, I eat my CHIPS with hummus ....

Clarissa

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 10:47 am
shosh wrote:
And Clarissa - what's this rubbish about bad food?!!!! Coming from the inventors of hot dogs, tomato ketchup, and other such er ... delicacies, that's pretty funny!!!
Actually, hot dogs were invented by the Germans. And please don't dis ketchup. We love our Heinz at our house. Also our Del Monte, Trader Joe's Organic, and every other brand.

Clarissa

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 10:48 am
shosh wrote:
You know that Woody Allen has a kid called Satchel? I always thought that must be awful, especially on the first day of the school year!
He's called Ronan now. He changed his name after the big Woody-Mia fight. Besides, in New York private schools, Satchel isn't so way out.

Bambamama

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 10:49 am
Why do Brits have bad teeth anyway? You'd think the marmite would kill any bacteria lingering around in there. shock

HindaRochel

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 10:49 am
Raisin wrote:
shosh wrote:
As an English person, I guess they are in good company with my crew, Brooklyn, Scarsdale, Nantucket, and Tonawanda!

Actually, I think Ms. Palins forbears lived in a place called Bristol Bay.

And a well known footballer in england has a son brooklyn. Just as well they didn't chance upon the Bronx.

Somehow, no one has ever called thier child Chipping Sodbury or Giggleswick.

Actually the names are all from places in Alaska, except for the baby; I forget the meaning but I rember it was very sweet.

shosh

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 10:51 am
Clarissa wrote:
shosh wrote:
He's called Ronan now. He changed his name after the big Woody-Mia fight. Besides, in New York private schools, Satchel isn't so way out.

I guess it sounds better than Lunch Box ...

shosh

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 10:54 am
And I always associated hot dogs with big fat Americans ... Oh well!

I guess it's corn pone, apple brown betty (always wondered what that was!) and hamburgers then!

HindaRochel

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 10:54 am
shosh wrote:
Actually, I eat my CHIPS with hummus ....

Fish and chips and vinegar, vinegar, vinegar, fish and chips and vinegar, vinegar POP.

I hope someone else knows this song.

shosh

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 10:56 am
And don't forget eating it in newspaper!

(Actually, my mum would be horrified at the very idea!)

Bambamama

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 11:02 am
So no one answered my question... doesn't Marmite kill the bacteria that rots away British people's teeth?

Bambamama

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 11:04 am
Do Brits not brush because they want the yummy taste of Marmite to linger?

Last edited by Bambamama on Mon, Sep 01 2008, 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total

shosh

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 11:05 am
British people brush their teeth twice a day. I don't know where Clarissa got this idea of bad teeth from ... And I grew up thinking all Americans had braces on their teeth, so there you go!

Clarissa

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 11:07 am
shosh wrote:
British people brush their teeth twice a day. I don't know where Clarissa got this idea of bad teeth from ... And I grew up thinking all Americans had braces on their teeth, so there you go!
I did a casting job over there and had been warned about the teeth. I hate to say it, but there were a lot of gray, crooked teeth there. But I had more laughs than I'd ever had. We do have braces, because we're obsessed with straight teeth. We're shallow!

Bambamama

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 11:08 am
shosh wrote:

Actually, one of the first things I learned when I came to Israel was that British people are known for bad teeth. I never knew that before, but kept hearing people referring to that ... Americans joke about it a lot, Israelis joke about it (I saw a sketch on t.v. about it once)...

HindaRochel

shosh wrote:
I would tend to agree, even if I am British. I could never stand Marmite, and I don't drink tea either, especially not at tea time. But then, I guess I've become Israeli, and it's hummus and Turkish salad in my house, with schug instead of ketchup!

I like vegimite, but it is strong tasting. I also like a chabitah with chumus in a lafah and fried onions and peppers.

shosh

And you've got more money! All Americans are rich, and when they visit England they point at everything and say, "Gee, Elmer, ain't that really somethin'?!"

Right, Clarissa?

Clarissa

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 11:09 am
shosh wrote:
And you've got more money! All Americans are rich, and when they visit England they point at everything and say, "Gee, Elmer, ain't that really somethin'?!"

Right, Clarissa?
I only say that when I'm actually traveling with someone named Elmer. If I'm with Jeb, I use the name Jeb in the sentence, or Jim-Bob or Bubba. Please make your examples situation-specific.
Page 6 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics