Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
TV good or bad?
1  2  Next

sheshycoco

Post Mon, Dec 12 2005, 6:12 am
True, people are saying that the internet is the problem nowadays anyway, I personally have tv, and think it's bad, but mostly for the kids, and me wasting my time watching some shows, I go nuts if anyone talks to me whilst Im watching my favourite show,and will stop everything I sm doing to watch it's crazy, I would like to get rid of it, but my husband doesn't, so we might just put it away.

IndyMom

Post Mon, Dec 12 2005, 11:07 am
shesh - that is why I got Tivo. I don't have to put my family on hold for tv shows - instead I tape them on Tivo and watch them during convenient times like wheni am nursing the baby.

sheshycoco

Post Tue, Dec 13 2005, 11:56 am
TV could be bad/good, but I would like to not have one I think, not that it means it
'll be gone anytime soon. I think it has more disadvantages than benefits, like smacking kids.

timeout

Post Tue, Dec 13 2005, 12:02 pm
I love my Tivo I used to get up early to watch the weather and news now I TIVO and fast forward to what I want.

sheshycoco

Post Mon, Dec 19 2005, 8:37 am
My baby was pretty sicklast week, and the only thing that made him happy, and possibly eat was the tv, so Im not getting rid of it too fast.

supermommy

Post Mon, Dec 19 2005, 8:52 am
There's always the option of just a screen and videos you choose. That can also do a good job of entertaining for a little bit.

sheshycoco

Post Mon, Dec 19 2005, 12:12 pm
You are right, we can put it away (the antena), but my husband isn't about to agree with getting rid of it totally.

sheshycoco

Post Mon, Dec 19 2005, 12:13 pm
PS, Is torah tots good for an 18 month old? Uncle Moshi kind of annoys me, although Ill get it , if torah tots is to old, what do u say?

supermommy

Post Mon, Dec 19 2005, 12:22 pm
depends on your 18 month old. My child would have been bored at 18 months with Torah Tots. She likes to play better than watching costumed people sing and dance so I wouldn't know. What

timeout

Post Mon, Dec 19 2005, 4:55 pm
My 20 month old has finally started to sit and watch a little like 15 minutes and it has to be Sesame Street she loves the monsters!

Chanie

Post Mon, Dec 19 2005, 6:13 pm
My 13 month old loves Torah Tots. He dances to the music and loves looking at the bright costumes.

Rochel Leah

Post Mon, Dec 19 2005, 6:20 pm
there is new torah tots video coming out with the 12 pesukim. wonder if its good.

Chanie

Post Mon, Dec 19 2005, 6:22 pm
the 12 pesukim is only a tape, not a video

gryp

Post Mon, Dec 19 2005, 8:24 pm
I highly recommend the Torah Tots animated stories videos. they are really well done. I dont know if a young toddler will enjoy them, they like songs better than stories.

Tila

Post Tue, Dec 20 2005, 7:50 am
SMACK THE KIDS?????? Where is this coming from?????

Rochel Leah

Post Tue, Dec 20 2005, 10:17 am
Chanie wrote:
the 12 pesukim is only a tape, not a video

chanie, I got the tape in new york , and the guy at judaica world told me that there is also a video coming out soon.

TzenaRena

Post Sat, Dec 24 2005, 11:08 pm
Tila wrote:
SMACK THE KIDS?????? Where is this coming from?????
It was a comparison. that just like in smacking, the drawbacks of TV outweigh the benefits.

deedee

Post Sun, Dec 25 2005, 9:34 pm
I deTVed the house-wasnt easy but I cut the plug (literally!). we were at a house with TV and hubby was watching (and so were kids) I told him to find s/t age appropriate, he said there is nothing on and I said, exactally why we dont have a TV!
my almost 2yr old loves uncle moshie. I agree with toddlers liking songs better. I got her a punchkees video (life size puppets who tell stories) the only parts she likes is the beginning and the end when they sing! but she does pick up on what they are saying while she is playing with other things.
by the way she watches the DVDs on the computer.

miriam

Post Mon, Dec 26 2005, 6:28 am
Kol Hakavod, Deedee. Good for you!!!!!

deedee

Post Mon, Dec 26 2005, 9:48 pm
thanks miriam!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics