Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Obama Admits Muslim Faith
1  2  3  4  Next

jupik

Post Mon, Sep 08 2008, 5:25 pm

chavamom

Post Mon, Sep 08 2008, 5:36 pm
You aren't serious. OOOOO! Everyone look! Obama had a slip of the tongue! It must be true!!!!!

Clarissa

Post Mon, Sep 08 2008, 5:39 pm
We hit a new low! And they said it couldn't be done...

Maya

Post Mon, Sep 08 2008, 5:44 pm
chavamom wrote:
You aren't serious. OOOOO! Everyone look! Obama had a slip of the tongue! It must be true!!!!!

And how can we know if this slip really is only a slip? And what "type" of slip? Did he say my instead of the by mistake, or is the slip that he's hiding something and let it "slip"? We can't know either way.

What I'm trying to say with this complicated paragraph is don't dismiss it as the untruth because you don't know whether it is true or not.

Clarissa

Post Mon, Sep 08 2008, 5:57 pm
...and we continue to sink...

Rutabaga

Post Mon, Sep 08 2008, 6:01 pm
You know, Clarissa, you shouldn't issue challenges like that. Of course if you say "it couldn't be done, " then someone is going to try to do it.

Maya

Post Mon, Sep 08 2008, 6:04 pm
Clarissa wrote:

What does this mean?

chavamom

Post Mon, Sep 08 2008, 6:06 pm
Clarissa wrote:

You know, McCain referred to Palin as "he". How do we KNOW it's not true? That it wasn't a slip and he was telling the TRUTH? Rolling Eyes

chaylizi

Post Mon, Sep 08 2008, 6:07 pm
I cannot see that he admitted to anything here. no I don't support obama, but I can't see what there is to prove from this clip.

cindy324

Post Mon, Sep 08 2008, 6:09 pm
"Introducing the President of the United States of America , President Barack Hussein Obama"!

Note the hysterical laughter in the background...that's Obama, I mean oops, Osama Bin Laden failing to contain his amusement. Confused

Clarissa

Post Mon, Sep 08 2008, 6:12 pm
I don't even see a slip, if you want to get into that. He said that McCain hasn't said anything about his "Muslim faith." Meaning that McCain himself hasn't claimed that Obama is a Muslim.

Anyway, even if he did make a slip, since we're talking about claims that he's a Muslim, why wouldn't the word Muslim make it into a sentence?

Glub glub...

Clarissa

Post Mon, Sep 08 2008, 6:14 pm
cindy324 wrote:
"Introducing the President of the United States of America , President Barack Hussein Obama"!

Note the hysterical laughter in the background...that's Obama, I mean oops, Osama Bin Laden failing to contain his amusement. Confused
And if a Jew was elected, with a Jewish name? What would that mean? And do I spend a lot of time thinking which names will or won't interest Bin Laden? No, I'm too busy spending taxes to finance the war, fomenting hatred against the US, so Bin Laden can have lots of recruits that hate the US. Either way, he gets to chuckle, right?

Maya

Post Mon, Sep 08 2008, 6:15 pm
chavamom wrote:
Clarissa wrote:

You know, McCain referred to Palin as "he". How do we KNOW it's not true? That it wasn't a slip and he was telling the TRUTH? Rolling Eyes
This clip doesn't prove anything, but don't be so quick to dismiss it and make fun of it just because it's something against Barack Obama.

Clarissa

Post Mon, Sep 08 2008, 6:15 pm
Hey guys, if we're going to have fun with slips of the tongue, let's not leave this guy out of it:

http://politicalhumor.about.co.....s.htm

Maya

Post Mon, Sep 08 2008, 6:16 pm
Clarissa wrote:
I don't even see a slip, if you want to get into that.
I was a slip because the reporter, and then Obama himself, corrected it.

Were you being sarcastic? Smile

Clarissa

Post Mon, Sep 08 2008, 6:18 pm
Maya wrote:
chavamom wrote:
Clarissa wrote:

This clip doesn't prove anything, but don't be so quick to dismiss it and make fun of it just because it's something against Barack Obama.
I don't understand, Maya. What exactly does it say against Obama?

Maya

Post Mon, Sep 08 2008, 6:21 pm
Clarissa wrote:
Maya wrote:
chavamom wrote:
Clarissa wrote:

I'm not sure, but it must've been something since you girls were so quick to jump to his defense. Smile

Clarissa

Post Mon, Sep 08 2008, 6:22 pm
Maya wrote:
Clarissa wrote:
I don't even see a slip, if you want to get into that.
I was a slip because the reporter, and then Obama himself, corrected it.

Were you being sarcastic? Smile
No, I don't think Stephanopoulos was corrected. I think he interrupted with a correction, or what he thought was a correction, but Obama clarified what he was getting at. George misunderstood exactly how Obama was phrasing it, but that was fine, Obama still got his point across in his clarification. And nowhere, in the recesses of Stephanopoulos's brain, could he have imagined what people would do with this one second exchange.

Who could imagine it? Not I.

Clarissa

Post Mon, Sep 08 2008, 6:24 pm
Maya wrote:
Clarissa wrote:
Maya wrote:
chavamom wrote:
Clarissa wrote:

I'm not sure, but it must've been something since you girls were so quick to jump to his defense. Smile
I am quick to point out inanity, on any side of the election. If we're going to jump on every slip of the tongue, just wait. The debates are coming, and McCain isn't the most polished speaker. Will you be there, analyzing and picking on every slip, if there are any? Because I know you wouldn't jump to his defense, just because he's a Republican.

Chocoholic

Post Mon, Sep 08 2008, 6:26 pm
Compare it to your child of whom you are sure ate the fresh baked chewy yummy chocolate chip fudge cookies. He denies any allegation, until one time he says yes (accidentally) and then quickly dismisses it....
Don't be so fast to dismiss this as an error. Good, everybody makes slips of tongue, but this is not just a slip of tongue I think....
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics