Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
How do you assess whether you are small, med or lge framed?

Motek

Post Thu, Sep 11 2008, 3:09 pm
How do you assess what you are: small, medium or large frame? How are they defined?

I saw a woman on the street today and she was obviously built very narrow from her shoulders on down. But for many people, especially if they are overweight, it's not easy to tell.

pink car

Post Thu, Sep 11 2008, 4:56 pm
I always thought myself to be a meduim frame, but when I was checked by a nurse in the gym, she took measurments etc. to see how much body fat/lean etc, and to see my BMI and she said I have a small frame!!
she measured my wrist (which is very small) and the length of my shoulders....

amother

Post Thu, Sep 11 2008, 5:08 pm
motek Rolling Laughter I couldnt' believe my eyes when I saw the thread
I know its spelled correctly but...it looks plural!!
oy vey voy
I'm too embarrassed to write my name,bc I thought it was the other word embarrassed

Tefila

Post Thu, Sep 11 2008, 7:18 pm
True all large women look big boned but in truth they are not.
Even when I was slim and slender, with my bones I told my mother I would make an ideal man , oh well Twisted Evil

Motek

Post Fri, Sep 12 2008, 10:35 am
pink car wrote:
I always thought myself to be a meduim frame, but when I was checked by a nurse in the gym, she took measurments etc. to see how much body fat/lean etc, and to see my BMI and she said I have a small frame!!
she measured my wrist (which is very small) and the length of my shoulders....

I still don't understand it. I am thinking of someone morbidly obese. If you measured her wrist or the length of her shoulders it would tell you nothing.

greenfire

Post Fri, Sep 12 2008, 10:40 am
check the size of their feet and hands ... big boned people are actually bigger boned regardless of the amount of fat or lack thereof ...

yo'ma

Post Fri, Sep 12 2008, 10:40 am
Motek wrote:
How do you assess what you are: small, medium or large frame? How are they defined?

I saw a woman on the street today and she was obviously built very narrow from her shoulders on down. But for many people, especially if they are overweight, it's not easy to tell.

It's not easy to tell, b/c the fat is in the way. It only goes according to your bone structure, not fat. It's by the width of your shoulders. I have a friend who's 5'7" and I'm 5' and we have the same shoulder width because even though I'm considerably shorter than her, we're built the same, medium. That's also why people think that I'm taller than I am.

Capitalchick

Post Mon, Sep 15 2008, 2:37 pm
I know that I have a big frame, because even though I am overweight, I have extremely bony wrists...and yet they are huge. I have no fat on my wrists...just thin skin and bone...and yet my wrists are twice the size of my mothers. Also...my father has a large and heavy frame. The way you can tell for him is that he weighs WAY MORE than anyone would ever guess him at. People think he weights about 170 lbs. when in reality he's 230 lbs! The reason is because he doesn't have a ton of fat, he has huge, heavy bones, which don't make him look heavy. Does that make sense?

Tefila

Post Mon, Sep 15 2008, 8:24 pm
Oh I forgot to ask " motek dear why is this so important all of a sudden" Twisted Evil
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise