Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Exercise Challenge!!!!!!
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

soulful music

Post Fri, Sep 26 2008, 8:34 am
Almost an hour of shoulders and arms yesterday.
Did an hour of cardio today.

DefyGravity

Post Fri, Sep 26 2008, 8:48 am
1 hour of upper and lower body strength training on the BOSU. With around 60 crunches and a few minutes of planks on the BOSU thrown in for good measure.

I'm so sad that I'll be missing 2 jogging classes and the BOSU class next week Sad

soulful music

Post Sun, Sep 28 2008, 12:13 pm
1 hour of plyometrics today.
I hope to do 15 minutes of strength training later on.

PIP

Post Sun, Sep 28 2008, 10:39 pm
45 min of nell mcandrews again!

Question for all you exercisers, the workout I do is very high impact, which I'm used to, but ever since I can remember I get these cramps in my calfs and the backs of my feet by the heel when jogging\running. It makes it so painful to exercise. Is this normal stretching? Anything I can do to help it? I stretch before and after I exercise every time.

octopus

Post Sun, Sep 28 2008, 10:53 pm
45 minutes of curves.

200 crunches today. 50 right side crunches, 50 left side, 50 regular, and 50 for the lower stomach. I also did 50 tush pushes.

PIP

Post Sun, Sep 28 2008, 11:51 pm
go octopus!!!!! Take that munchies!!!!!

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Sep 29 2008, 9:36 am
PrettyInPink wrote:
45 min of nell mcandrews again!

Question for all you exercisers, the workout I do is very high impact, which I'm used to, but ever since I can remember I get these cramps in my calfs and the backs of my feet by the heel when jogging\running. It makes it so painful to exercise. Is this normal stretching? Anything I can do to help it? I stretch before and after I exercise every time.

I also used to get similar pain, and thought that I'd never be able to jog. Recently I joined a jogging class and got new sneakers (New Balance for running), and learned not to slam my foot down so hard when jogging. It also just takes time and once you do it more consistently, the soreness goes away. I also stretch for at least 10 minutes after jogging and constantly massage the calf area.

Lately I've been jogging around 8 miles a week and don't experience much soreness.

soulful music

Post Mon, Sep 29 2008, 10:16 am
1hour of legs and back today.
A gut gebentsht yur everyone!

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Sep 29 2008, 2:36 pm
I did an hour and a half at the gym this afternoon (need to get it in before RH).

I jogged a mile on a 3% incline in 11 minutes and then did a mix of strength training, cardio, and core.

Maya

Post Mon, Sep 29 2008, 3:43 pm
I just walked/jogged 2 miles in 23 minutes.

I must make sure to do double the amount of my regular exercise after yomtov.

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Sep 29 2008, 3:49 pm
I'll try and walk a lot over yom tov, but the food really does me in. I'm not good at controlling myself when there's food around.

PIP

Post Fri, Oct 03 2008, 3:46 pm
Thanks defy, I'll try it.
Last night I was only able to do a half hour, if you can even call it exercise. The baby must've been sitting RIGHT on my bladder, bc every time I tried to jump, I felt a tremendous urge to go to the bathroom. You know how it goes- you run to the bathroom thinking you'll explode, just to barely get a smidget of a tinkle. Exploding anger Very annoying. So I did the whole thing marching and step touching instead of running. Quite boring.

Maya

Post Fri, Oct 03 2008, 3:53 pm
I walked 5 miles in an hour yesterday.
Today, I did 4 miles in 45 minutes.

octopus

Post Fri, Oct 03 2008, 4:13 pm
wow, maya, you are one fast walker.

pomegranate

Post Sat, Oct 04 2008, 11:20 pm
I used to be an avid exerciser but during pregnancy I slowed down. Today I finally decided that I will start again. I started with the plank but I could only hold it for like five seconds Crying Oh I also walked for ten minutes- to and from the grocery

Maya

Post Sat, Oct 04 2008, 11:28 pm
octopus wrote:
wow, maya, you are one fast walker.

I do Leslie Sansone's 5-mile Challenge DVD. I start with the 3-mile program which is 35 minutes, and do her 10-minute mile twice.

DefyGravity

Post Sun, Oct 05 2008, 4:35 pm
I'm so annoyed, I got a cold on Thursday during the fast, and I'm so congested and not feeling great, so I haven't been able to do my usual routine. On Friday I jogged 2 miles in the afternoon, and today I only did a pilates/yoga/tai chi class.

I've been walking the dog a lot during the last few days, but it's not good cardio because he stops and sniffs every few seconds.

octopus

Post Sun, Oct 05 2008, 4:40 pm
I did my 45 minute workout at curves.
I have to do my crunches later today. I have tons of homework to do for college and I hate when that happens. I feel like I worked super duper hard, but I haven't got off my tushie all day. Very hard to be active when I have so much boring work to do. Rolling Eyes

DefyGravity

Post Sun, Oct 05 2008, 4:45 pm
Quickly do 30 second regular plank, 30 seconds on each side, and then 30 seconds more of regular plank. You can stop doing schoolwork for 2 minutes and you'll get a great abs workout.

PIP

Post Sun, Oct 05 2008, 6:36 pm
What's plank?
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise