Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
I miss baking

HooRYou

Post Thu, Sep 18 2008, 3:19 am
So DH is seriously on a diet and I am supposed to be on one too. The probem is that I like to bake and I like having homemade stuff I nthe freezer for DC and whatever guests we have. DC have been asking me to make things but DH doesn't really want me to and there is always the possiblity that I break into the freezer for a treat now and again. Do you ladies still bake?

Aidelmom

Post Thu, Sep 18 2008, 3:27 am
I don't belong in this forum really, but feel free to bake - you can send it over here , I don't mind Wink

RachelEve14

Post Thu, Sep 18 2008, 3:51 am
I do, but I try to either bake whole things (like cakes I know I won't dip into until they are brought out for Shabbos) or bake things I don't like as much (oatmeal raisin cookies don't tempt me, but chocolate chips are YUMMY straight out of the freezer, guess what I made for YT). Dh likes to have homemade gooides for kiddush / dessert so I do the best I can and give the leftovers to the kiddos ASAP so they don't tempt me as much.

greeneyes

Post Thu, Sep 18 2008, 11:08 am
I know what you mean. I love baking, but my DH is dieting and if I make stuff I'll eat it too. I bake healthy muffins and cookies and things like that, but I really do miss getting bake the really good stuff. When I see a good recipe, I wish I could try it, but oh well... On a positive note, it's definitely healthier this way.

Do you do some healthier baking?

Taliaville

Post Thu, Sep 18 2008, 11:58 am
you can try cooking lower fat and caloric treats, such as this http://www.recipezaar.com/77397 , or this
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serves | 24

2 Tbsp butter, softened
2 Tbsp canola oil
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp table salt
1 large egg white(s)
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
3 oz chocolate chips, semi-sweet (about 1/2 cup)

Preheat oven to 375ºF. Cream together butter, oil and brown sugar. Add vanilla, salt and egg white, and mix together thoroughly. Mix together flour and baking soda. Add chocolate chips and stir to distribute evenly. Drop rounded half-teaspoons of dough onto a nonstick baking sheet. Bake cookies for 4 to 6 minutes, then cool on a wire rack. Yields 2 cookies per serving.

Just look for lighter desert recipes- lighter recipes tend not to leave you feeling as bloated or weighed down. If you want lighter recipes for everyday cooking, PM me, and I will see if I can help you....

flowerpower

Post Thu, Sep 18 2008, 12:23 pm
I know what you mean! I want to make a good fresh marble cake for shabbos, it smells up the whole house, and then I take it out of the oven when it's hot and the top is crispy-it's a huge killer. Dh isn't an eater so I end up eating my baked goods so I can't bake. For yom tov I will have to bake. I did make honey cookies to bring in some spirit but I am proud to say I eat like one a day. Yay!

chavy

Post Thu, Sep 18 2008, 12:28 pm
I havent baked in a while for the simple reason that "im the one eating them up" so I tell dh to buy himself a small piece of cake for shabbos so I dont get to eat bought stuff..
I did bake for yom tov but it hasnt been opened yet and even if I binge on that it isnt the end of the world cuz I watch all year round..
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise