Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games
Need game to play at husbands 40th-any thoughts?

hinda

Post Sun, Sep 21 2008, 1:39 am
Im making my dh a party at a coffee house and am wondering what to do for entertainment/a game or whatever.Any thoughts of a game a really varied crowd can play together and have fun with? Need ideas asap!!!!!!!!!!!!!Please share and p.s what could I serve in a coffee shop? Im not a coffee house mayven-what do they usually selle to ahve with the coffee.its a weekend night
thanks

MOE

Post Sun, Sep 21 2008, 2:16 am
play guess whats older then your dh....for example fire or your dh.....um did the titanic sink before your dh was born etc etc

greentiger

Post Sun, Sep 21 2008, 3:20 am
We did this for my grandmas 80th and it was loads of fun.

Play Who Wants to Be A Millionare with your husband or family themed questions. Your husband can be the contestant. Pre-record the sound effects from the gameshow and when he wins (of course you don't let him get any questions wrong) he "wins" his birthday gifts. Now I am thinking though, it doesn't really involve the other guests but its really fun to watch especially if the questions are funny.

hinda

Post Sun, Sep 21 2008, 9:59 am
Thanks for the ideas so far. I really need something everyone can get into.If I do the game re whats older, how long can that last? Do you just ahve people scream out the answers? Any Rosh Hahsnaha themed games ot there? I know thats a really weird idea but...how about the game where poeple draw pictures and everyone has to guess what they drew and what theyre acting out? Cannot think of the name....

MiracleMama

Post Sun, Sep 21 2008, 10:16 am
hinda wrote:
...how about the game where poeple draw pictures and everyone has to guess what they drew and what theyre acting out? Cannot think of the name....

Pictionary? Charades?

yummydd

Post Sun, Sep 21 2008, 10:34 am
This is lots of fun:
everyone gets 4 small pieces of papers.
You ask everyone to write a name on one paper, any name. you collect them in a bag labled as name
Then on another paper they need to write another name and add it to the names bag.
Then you ask them to write on the 3rd paper a place. collect in seperate bag labled place
and on 4th paper they write a comment begining wit "and said"

what you do is you mix each bag seperatly, you then pick one name and read aloud then second name then pick from place bag a paper and read aloud then from 4th paper...

basically each sentence should be something like this mr__________ met mr____________ at the _____________ and said ___________________________

this can come out really funny sometimes and is loads of fun!

if this is not clearly written lemme know I will try to clarify it.

smilingmom

Post Sun, Sep 21 2008, 11:00 am
I have done murder mystery parties. They are great & you can modify to your crowd. If you get the book "Westing House" (I'm not sure who the author is) you can pattern it after this or you can buy complete kits online.

ShakleeMom

Post Sun, Sep 21 2008, 11:05 am
Trade him in for two twenties.

LOL

greenfire

Post Sun, Sep 21 2008, 11:23 am
line up drinks and whenever 2 or more people say the same word - bottoms up ... Drunken Smile Drunken Smile not sure how that will work with coffee but you can get kahluah or godiva liqueurs ...

and don't forget the cheesecake Cheese

hinda

Post Sun, Sep 21 2008, 12:26 pm
Shaklee,
Love the idea it's funny but there is no value in two twenties when you have a solidrelationship that started when we were in our 20s.Im not prepared to go back to step one Smile)

hinda

Post Mon, Sep 22 2008, 11:12 am
So, last night I tossed and turned for a few reasons.One being I havent narrowed down my game idea yet.
I thought that since everyone who's coming knows my husband I would make many envelopes of 5-10 misc. small objects and each group will have to come up with something to say about him based on these objects
ex-rubberband
_ is so flexible...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics