Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Weight gain and yom tov

octopus

Post Wed, Oct 01 2008, 9:31 pm
I have to go on the scale, but I think I either stayed the same or lost weight. I walked TONS, and I cooked extremely healthy.

It was actually a lot easier to stick to my diet, since I had prepared meals all ready.

What were your experiences?

Pineapple

Post Wed, Oct 01 2008, 9:35 pm
I thought yontif and shabbos calories dont count!

Twizzlers

Post Wed, Oct 01 2008, 10:04 pm
you are one of a kind octopus! I'm afraid to get on the scale...I was away and didnt like alot of food so I just kept eating challah.... embarrassed

octopus

Post Wed, Oct 01 2008, 10:40 pm
It's very hard to stick to a diet when going away. That's one of the many reasons why I stay home.

And I haven't been baking any desserts lately. I think sukkos time I will make baked apple and some sort of pear in wine sauce dessert.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 01 2008, 10:45 pm
I gained 7 punds just from rosh hashana

Maya

Post Wed, Oct 01 2008, 11:22 pm
I won't go on the scale till Friday. I tried to limit my food intake, but there was challah by the seudas and cake in the morning.

I stayed home for two meals, and went to the parents for the other two. I ate less at home, and I hope I'll at least stay the same.

BennysMommy

Post Wed, Oct 01 2008, 11:23 pm
What's a scale?

ShakleeMom

Post Wed, Oct 01 2008, 11:32 pm
I’ll find out at the doctor’s tomorrow. Tomorrow is judgment day… ooops, I thought that’s what Rosh Hashanah was all about. Sorry, I’m foncused.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Oct 01 2008, 11:49 pm
You bet you gain on shabbos and yom tov-I have experience. I didn't eat too much but did eat starch-lukshin and challah. Scared to go on scale.

Maya

Post Thu, Oct 02 2008, 3:29 pm
I mustered up enough courage to get on the scale, and I actually lost a whole pound since Monday morning! Yay for me!

flowerpower

Post Thu, Oct 02 2008, 3:30 pm
I lost a half a pound over the week.

Yay Maya!

tovasmom

Post Thu, Oct 02 2008, 3:39 pm
Me, I'm too scared also. I'll likely face the music tomorrow at WW!

Ruchel

Post Fri, Oct 03 2008, 11:10 am
Ha, I was so sick I lost the weight I had gained back stuffing my face with the tempting stuff my husband keeps making LOL

Losing weight is not easy...

tovasmom

Post Fri, Oct 03 2008, 12:28 pm
Drat! Up 1.5!

levial

Post Mon, Oct 06 2008, 5:53 am
I am following the borekas diet. Ha ha. It's one of those words which confuses me - I thought Borekas was more than one (I.e. plural.) DH says would you like borekas - and I answer yes and eat all 6 in the bag. But why is he disappointed? He offered them all to me, Borekas
"It's not one "boreka" he says, moping that all of them have disappeared. Borekas is one or many, like that word Deer."

We're here in Israel for a month and Hashem help me I can't stop eating. I have to walk more, up stairs, etc. And there's no air conditioning. Ahem, there is, but MIL and FIL seem to think 80 degrees is cool enough not to turn on the air. (Fair freckly girl here is pink from the heat). So perhaps this is the thermal response needed to burn the felafel, borekas (one or many) and good dairy food and the WORLD of cheese that can be bought.

Anything I brought to wear is tight and I look like I might be pregnant. Of course they all think so, I pray that it is so, but for the time being, do I have to overhear the comments as to whether I am? I'm just FAT FROM EATING YOUR HOLIDAY FEASTS!

Fabulous

Post Mon, Oct 06 2008, 7:31 am
The idea of not gaining over shabbos or y't is if you really believe it (like ayin hara, lehevdel). I know someone ( a cousin), who really believes it and does not gain then, although he eats everything. He is a few years older than me and I remember when I used to go to his house for shabbos and abstain from certain things because of diet (lifelong dieter here), even as a teenager he would be upset because you don't gain then. I used to say maybe you don't gain but I do, and you know what I realized, it was true.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise