Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Swaddeling

amother

Post Thu, Oct 16 2008, 10:29 am
Do you swaddle? when do you stop? write now I'm still swaddeling my twins at 2 and a half months, during the day too.. but don't like it, but am scared no one will sleep if I stop.. I use swaddlers.

mamacita

Post Thu, Oct 16 2008, 11:31 am
I swaddled until my infants could roll over so they'd have their arms free in case they rolled onto their face. Even at that point we swaddled from the armpits down to keep their legs secure. I didn't see any change in their sleep once we made the change or stopped completely (usually when the weather was too hot to do so or when they could undo it themselves.) In fact, dh sometimes swaddles our toddlers when they get a little crazy/overtired. It really helps them feel secure and calms them, well, unless you wait too long and the tantrum train has left the station!

tripletlyblessed

Post Thu, Oct 16 2008, 11:57 am
We swaddled for 6-8 months. They let me know when they were done with it.

manhattanmom

Post Thu, Oct 16 2008, 7:18 pm
I never did. I tried a few times and my son hated it--he tried to come out of any swaddler we made for him. He would cry and kick his legs....so that was it!
If they don't like it, you shouldn't continue.

baschabad

Post Thu, Oct 16 2008, 7:39 pm
I swaddled right away, and did it for a few months. I found that it really helped when my baby slept that she didn't jerk and startle herself. I also put her in a sling and she liked the comfort of being held tightly close to me. You can do it as long as baby likes it.

I remember learning something about how the Native Americans would put their babies in papooses for quite a bit of time... anyone?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics