Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Are there any hechsheirim that everyone trusts on everthing?
1  2  Next

Atali

Post Sun, Oct 19 2008, 7:12 pm
Reading all of the hechsherim threads made me think about this. If you had to prepare a meal for eveyone on Imamother, what would you serve and with which hechsherim?

I guess that almost everyone would eat a pareve meal prepared under Badatz Eidah Hachareidis, but perhaps some people wouldn't eat the fruit during shmitta?

Raisin

Post Sun, Oct 19 2008, 7:17 pm
hmmm...tough one. I think most people would eat a pareve meal under a good hechsher.

that reminds me...we went to a wedding out of town, and since there were some people who only ate ths hechsher, and some that etc the people who made sheva brochos made fish. I think every single sheva brochos was salmon. It was a long time before I could look at salmon again.

Crayon210

Post Sun, Oct 19 2008, 7:44 pm
I've heard there are some people who don't use the Badatz for political reasons.

Chocoholic

Post Sun, Oct 19 2008, 7:46 pm
I'm not too keen on the Eida Chareidi hechsher.

Atali

Post Sun, Oct 19 2008, 7:47 pm
hmm... so what would you serve?

Chocoholic

Post Sun, Oct 19 2008, 8:03 pm
I would serve what I usually serve and for whom it is not good enough, I am very sorry, they just miss out on a good meal!

montrealmommy

Post Sun, Oct 19 2008, 9:04 pm
lots of veggies and fruit (since I live in ch'ul, Shmitta is less of an issue), maybe some rice - raw, organic ingredients that don't need a hecsher to begin with -

OR -

POT LUCK!!!

teachby

Post Sun, Oct 19 2008, 10:58 pm
Have you ever seen those bottled waters that have like 17 different hechshers on them? That may be the whole meal!

Chocoholic

Post Sun, Oct 19 2008, 11:01 pm
teachby wrote:
Have you ever seen those bottled waters that have like 17 different hechshers on them? That may be the whole meal!

Some people don't hold by those.

Imaonwheels

Post Mon, Oct 20 2008, 2:21 am
I had a milkic wedding because I am Chabad and dh learned in Ohr Sameach. We had a lot of rabbonim and did not want anyone out. Also the one who took dh to the chuppa eats only eidah and my rav mesader kiddushin only shechita Chabad.

Mrs. XYZ

Post Mon, Oct 20 2008, 3:14 am
Chocoholic wrote:
I'm not too keen on the Eida Chareidi hechsher.

Why? Do you really not trust them? Or do you just have issues against the ultra machmir?

ora_43

Post Mon, Oct 20 2008, 3:49 am
Crayon210 wrote:
I've heard there are some people who don't use the Badatz for political reasons.

Which badatz? Or do you mean any?

Crayon210

Post Mon, Oct 20 2008, 3:51 am
The Eidah HaChareidis.

ora_43

Post Mon, Oct 20 2008, 3:51 am
I don't think it's possible to find one heksher that everyone trusts on everything, because what's machmir for ashkenazi vs. sephardi vs. edut hamizrach isn't always the same thing, at least when it comes to meat. But for parve food everyone probably trusts a few machmir ones.

teachby

Post Mon, Oct 20 2008, 11:15 am
Chocoholic wrote:
teachby wrote:

Some people don't hold by those.

Okay, okay, so we'll filter the water, too... Very Happy

Ruchel

Post Mon, Oct 20 2008, 11:18 am
water? 17 hechsherim? there are 17 different hechsherim in the world? lol

what has our velt come to.

I would serve fish for sure or chalak bet Yosef meat, because it's stronger than glatt, so it would be ok for both Ashkenazi and Sefardim who hold by it, right? but what about those who only take chassidishe shechita?
No, fish.

Chocoholic

Post Mon, Oct 20 2008, 11:33 am
Ruchel wrote:
water? 17 hechsherim? there are 17 different hechsherim in the world? lol

what has our velt come to.

Go into hide, because there are MANY MORE than 17 hechsherim!

Ruchel

Post Mon, Oct 20 2008, 11:34 am
Mmmm. Out of town does have good sides, eh.

su7kids

Post Mon, Oct 20 2008, 11:49 am
I believe there are over 200 hechsherim, obviously not all we trust or use, but they're in existence anyway.

Atali

Post Mon, Oct 20 2008, 12:08 pm
There are way more than that. I think that there is at least that many in the US alone.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen