Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Starting a business at home

avigayil

Post Wed, Oct 22 2008, 10:31 pm
For moms who sell things at home...what kinds of things to you sell?

How did you get started?

I am interested in doing something like this. Please advise.

Thank you!

amother

Post Wed, Nov 18 2009, 4:41 am
bump

TwinsMommy

Post Wed, Nov 18 2009, 9:21 am
I sell and recruit for two different businesses. My main job is selling skin care/ color cosmetics and training my team to do the same. That's my full time income (I work part time hours around my kids' schedules). My second/side job that I do for fun is I sell greeting card accounts for people who want to send a lot of greeting cards. The company prints the cards (you can customize by uploading a photo), stuffs the envies, addresses and sends the cards for you. So it's great for realtors, insurance agents, dentists--- anyone who sends a lot of birthday/ thinking about you/ product promotion cards or postcards.

To get started with either business, pm me and I can hook you up.

Twizzlers

Post Wed, Nov 18 2009, 12:17 pm
I sell boys clothing. I started with a supplier who was willing to sell in very small quantities and take it back if it didnt work out.

Vintage Modern

Post Wed, Dec 02 2009, 7:14 pm
I sell Jewelry at Trunk Shows through an amazing direct sales company.

There are so many options out there depending on what your interests are. You need to figure out what interests you and what you are passionate about. Once you figure out what you would like to sell you should take a look at a few companies who work with the product you are interested in. Contact people in your area so you can look at and feel the products and look at the material they provide before you decide on the company. It is also helpful to see what you will be asked to do if you can attend one of their events so you can feel the company out see what goes on at an event and what you will be asked to do while representing them.

If you love your product your customers will too. Feel free to Pm me if you would like help finding a list of all the Direct Sales companies and what their main product is.

L K

Post Wed, Dec 02 2009, 7:44 pm
What's trunk shows and what kind of jewelry do you sell (fine, costume etc.)?

Vintage Modern

Post Thu, Dec 03 2009, 12:00 am
A Trunk Show is an event where the hostess invites over her friends to try on the Jewelry. We don't call it a party because it gives it a negative conotation in some people's minds like long boring speeches and pushy sales ladies. We don't have a speech and we allow women to try on Jewelry and if they like it they can place an order if not it was a fun social evening and they had fun with their friends.

Our Jewelry is Costume jewelry (gold plated and sterling silver) created by a design team based out of NY and LA. Our Jewelry ranges in price from $22 - $300 with half the collection under $50. For everything that you sell starting from day one you make a 25% commission on each piece. You don't have to build a team and still do very well with the business.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers