Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries
Toddler Shoes for Fat Feet

BennysMommy

Post Sun, Oct 26 2008, 10:39 pm
My DS has fat feet, which I honestly love, but I've been having a problem buying him shoes. I bought him a bunch of new shoes online but when they came they were too small on the top part of the foot. We had to wiggle and squeeze and push and shove...not too much fun Sad

I then decided I have to buy locally. I went to a few stores but couldn't find anything nice that fit him here either. (truthfully, I'm really not crazy about the styles here)

Are there any places (that sell online) that are known to have wider and fatter shoes for children like mine?

Thanks!

Mimisinger

Post Sun, Oct 26 2008, 10:40 pm
Stride Right has Extra Wide shoes. Narrow, regular, wide and then Extra wide. You/ll get a smaller selection, but they'll fit!

Pineapple

Post Sun, Oct 26 2008, 10:41 pm
Try maybe payless?

I bought DS a wide shoe there

Clarissa

Post Sun, Oct 26 2008, 10:50 pm
Mimisinger wrote:
Stride Right has Extra Wide shoes. Narrow, regular, wide and then Extra wide. You/ll get a smaller selection, but they'll fit!
I was going to say the exact same thing. My son has wide feet and we did great with Stride Rite. Also did well with another popular brand, but I can't remember the name and they cost more than Stride Rite, anyway.

Twizzlers

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 12:32 am
its a tough situation. my ds also has fat feet and as there is no stride rite where I live, we have to use the local stores and just deal with the very few styles they have in his size. (his first pair was a WWW!!)
but hey, that should be our worst problem!

BennysMommy

Post Tue, Oct 28 2008, 6:34 am
Thanks for the suggestions! Benny actually has a pair of Stride Rite shoes that we bought in the store. I just checked them out and they're wide so I guess the extra wide will be really good for him. (with the ones he has I have to open the laces all the way in order to get his foot in)

micki

Post Tue, Oct 28 2008, 8:58 am
definitly go for XW stride rite. but our outlet here told me that they are dicontinuing the XW, so I went online to ebay and found some there. elefanten runs narrower, even the W didn't fit my son.
umi is now the new elefanten.
I just bought my son ecco, and while they LOOKED narrow they fit him perfeclty.

BennysMommy

Post Wed, Oct 29 2008, 4:21 pm
Before I give a small fortune to Stride Rite, any other suggestions?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries