Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
I need shopping help please (wedding outfit)

anonymom

Post Sun, Nov 16 2008, 2:19 pm
I could not find a forum about clothing. Anyway, I need advice where to look for an outfit to wear to a close relative's wedding. I went to Lohmann's today. They had a bunch of stuff, but nothing fit me. I am not obese, but I have a big stomach and big hips and it is so depressing trying stuff on. Plus I'm not really comfortable in a gown because I do not believe in calling attention to myself. I'm approaching middle age (I'm 39) but I dont want a suit that makes me look 50. Any ideas anyone? I would really appreciate advice, especially something I can find online because I am not in NY or Lakewood and It's hard to get out for hours of shopping.

avigailmiriam

Post Sun, Nov 16 2008, 2:32 pm
I'd put together and outfit like this

This is a basic black velvet skirt. Good for lots of occasions; flattering on almost everyone.

http://www.newport-news.com/sh.....=1707

Then I'd do a nice top

http://www.newport-news.com/sh.....=7657

I like this one, but you'd need a shell under it. The long skirt and wrap top are slimming.

anonymom

Post Sun, Nov 16 2008, 3:10 pm
Thank you AvigailMiriam for taking the time to reply. I added that site to my favorites.

Meanwhile, I found this.
http://www.riccifashions.com/p.....d=233
(thanks to imamother advertiser) I know it's not what you might typically think of to wear to a close relative's wedding, but can I get away with it? I wouldn't wear a gown anyway. It says evening wear. Thank you so much for your help. I am so clueless.

avigailmiriam

Post Sun, Nov 16 2008, 3:14 pm
I have no clue what the dress style is like in your community, but it is a nice outfit.

Aidelmom

Post Sun, Nov 16 2008, 3:16 pm
I'm not into fashion but I don't think thats fancy wedding wear. I think it might even be casual shabbos.

IamI

Post Sun, Nov 16 2008, 3:48 pm
I actually think it's very nice. Simple but elegant.
Maybe if you shorten the jacket it will be more elegant?

BennysMommy

Post Sun, Nov 16 2008, 3:53 pm
If you went to a store and had a problem finding things that fit, my advice would be not to buy online! Although it may be a real shlep, I would continue with the stores.

Raisin

Post Sun, Nov 16 2008, 3:59 pm
for my brothers wedding when I was 3 months pregnant, I got a long black satin skirt from a dept store gown section. I wore a black shell with a black lace jacket. I really like the newport news skirt though. if you can find a top or jacket to go with that it could look nice.

they are not the epitome of comfort but you can get some support underwear from somewhere like saposh that will minimise your stomach.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics