Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Simchas not in your own country

miriamnechama

Post Tue, Nov 18 2008, 9:08 am
I once posted about this osmewhere once or twice and once someone said if you are in rome you do what tehy do.. all nicely said but not so simple and this really bother's me.

every so often when I have a wedding in london this goes through mymind over and over again.

I knowtahtwhere I used to live it's custom to wear 2 things for chupa and evening, thne most will chage everyday for sheva brachot, not tomention shabbos aufruf and shabbos sheva brachot and other clothing.

This is very nice if you live there BUT.....

now I don't live tehre and sinec most of teh time I travel alone and theni'm limited to no less that 20 kilos.... why would I want to pack a suitcase full of so many different types of suits just cus they are doing it, come to check in find I'm way over weight andthen I'm forced to either leave stuff behind which I don't knowif I'll ever see again as most ofteh times I went alone to the airports or pay teh hefty fine of over weight which I also don't have... and not tomentions things I would want to buy for my kids.

I mean isn't it just smarter to take say 2 shabbos outfits light weight with than to come every evening dressed in something else and if people ask wow and then you say oh by teh way I was soo over weight I had to pay like making a fool....

somehow don't women respect you more even if your in that same suit but you kept within the luggage allowance limits??

right now I'm not travelling, but I kknow I will again and this really bothers me... why to be like everyone if it's gonna cost you $$ that you don't have??

Ruchel

Post Tue, Nov 18 2008, 9:23 am
Can you wear your regular (nice) clothes for shabbes aufruf and sheva brachos? and change every day like you would normally?

I say you don't need to change between chupa and evening, but if they all do... I don't know, ask the hostess?
?

amother

Post Tue, Nov 18 2008, 9:32 am
Do you have sisters/cousins/friends of whom you could borrow an elegant outfit, or beyond that: store some elegant outfits for you for when you come?

miriamnechama

Post Tue, Nov 18 2008, 9:49 am
hmm when that will be...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics