Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Chocolate Chunks???
Previous  1  2

cookielady

Post Wed, Nov 19 2008, 1:21 pm
pinktichel wrote:
daamom wrote:
Ok, here's the recipe: (Cookie, you will NOT mind that it's healthy-ish Very Happy )

Oh, healthy isn't her issue... she absolutely despises bananas (hope I'm not giving out too much info). Try and sneak one into something, and she'll notice.

What's more offensive, is suggesting chocolate and bananas together!! Wink

DH just tried this recently with a drink he brought home. I knew w/o even tasting it that it had to have bananas in it. He had no idea and was shocked that I could tell that it had them in the drink.

Thanks for the recipe anyway, daamom, I may make it for family.

Greenfire, yours sound great , but I only have one bag of chunks.

greenfire

Post Wed, Nov 19 2008, 1:44 pm
basic math division ... I multiplied cause I never make a single batch of nothing ...

then bake in 9 x 13 - less time I suppose ... but keep an eye open ...

sunshine!

Post Thu, Nov 20 2008, 6:54 pm
Hey cookie, you probably used up those chunks by now, but I am adding one more recipe for all interested parties:

CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIES

INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup margarine, softened
1/3 cup chocolate syrup
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 tablespoons corn syrup
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (11.5 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chunks

DIRECTIONS
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
In a medium bowl, cream together the margarine, chocolate syrup, brown sugar and sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the corn syrup and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until just blended. Mix in the chocolate chunks by hand. Drop cookies by 1/4 cupfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake for 12 to 14 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

cookielady

Post Thu, Nov 20 2008, 6:56 pm
sunshine! wrote:
Hey cookie, you probably used up those chunks by now, but I am adding one more recipe for all interested parties:

CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIES

INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup margarine, softened
1/3 cup chocolate syrup
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 tablespoons corn syrup
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (11.5 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chunks

DIRECTIONS
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
In a medium bowl, cream together the margarine, chocolate syrup, brown sugar and sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the corn syrup and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until just blended. Mix in the chocolate chunks by hand. Drop cookies by 1/4 cupfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake for 12 to 14 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

Thanks Sunshine. I actually didn't use them. They are sitting on the counter and I'm staring at them. At 3.99 a bag, I want a really good recipe. This bag will end up just sitting there, since I will be afraid to waste them. This recipe looks good, so maybe I will just take the plunge...

sunshine!

Post Thu, Nov 20 2008, 7:02 pm
I am glad the recipe I posted looks good. I have one more, for variety and then you can take your pick.

These are
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIES

INGREDIENTS:
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup margarine, softened
2/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 3/4 cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chunks

DIRECTIONS:
1. PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F.
2. COMBINE flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Beat margarine, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl until creamy. Beat in eggs. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chunks. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
3. BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until cookies are puffed and centers are set but still soft. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

greenfire

Post Thu, Nov 20 2008, 8:45 pm
omg - cookielady it's all your fault ... sonny boy bought the same chunks ... but really wanted a cocoa bar that was $9.99 ... my answer to him was most certainly you better think of some really good recipe I approve of before I purchase those ... the only plus is that they are not artificial has pure vanilla and all those good things ...

he baked some oatmeal brownie drops with them ... and some white chips as well ... yummmmmmmmm !!!

a1mom

Post Thu, Nov 20 2008, 9:10 pm
I would use them in what we like to call chocolate everything cookies-
take your standart chocolate chip cookie recipe=
decrease sugar by about 1/2 cup and leave out vanilla
add 1 pack instant vanilla pudding
add a mix of white chips, mini chocolate covered with non pareils, and chocolate chunks and chips- about two cups total

Yum and gourmet looking

cookielady

Post Sun, Nov 23 2008, 8:36 pm
I made the chewy chocolate chunk cookies. They were a little disappointing. they are ok, just not anything special.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins