Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Thinking of starting an Internet business

mom21n2

Post Mon, Nov 24 2008, 7:04 pm
I am thinking of starting some type of business using the Internet. Do I need a web page? Or am I better off starting with a blog? Can I get a web page at no cost? And what is the best way to attract traffic?

ShakleeMom

Post Mon, Nov 24 2008, 7:12 pm
Just a key point to remember: whatever you spend to get it up, consider marketing to be at least 10 times that price. Doing a site is like printing catalogs. What you do with it after is what counts. Best of luck – and check for at least 25 references before choosing a service provider!

TwinsMommy

Post Fri, Nov 28 2008, 12:04 am
for most WEB exclusive businesses, a squeeze page would be the FIRST good bet BEFORE a webpage, before an online community, before a blog.... build the list first and then start giving out the freebies, etc. But it totally depends on a number of factors--- what are you doing/selling?

There are LOTS of free ways to attract traffic. But it depends on what you're doing I guess.....

ChossidMom

Post Fri, Nov 28 2008, 12:25 am
It really depends on what you're selling. "Internet business" can mean alot of things.
I went the free blog route and promoted affiliate products from there.
Here's one of my blogs: http://beginners-make-money-on.....t.com

e1234

Post Fri, Nov 28 2008, 1:39 am
it really depends on what your business is for.
I'm a web developer.
You can PM me with details and I can try to guide you what you need.

IBR

Post Sat, Dec 20 2008, 11:57 pm
There is a good site that a friend of mine runs its called www.solutionsforbusymoms.com You can contact her she gave me a lot of good ideas

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Dec 21 2008, 5:48 am
IBR wrote:
There is a good site that a friend of mine runs its called www.solutionsforbusymoms.com You can contact her she gave me a lot of good ideas

She's a member of imamother.

TwinsMommy

Post Sun, Dec 21 2008, 11:10 pm
I'm friends with her on twitter and facebook and THEN figured out she's here too. Smile I spend a lot more time on twitter and facebook than here--- *lol*.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers