Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Help Wanted
Doesn't anyone own a washer anymore?
1  2  3  Next

dainty diva

Post Mon, Nov 24 2008, 11:17 pm
I'm desperately in need 4 info on front loaders. I tried 2 previous threads, no reply.Please yiddishe mothers out there, if you own a front loader, and are happy/not happy, post it here,asap

ozfest

Post Mon, Nov 24 2008, 11:30 pm
What's your question? Top V Front? I've only ever used front loaders at the laundromat...for home use I much prefer top loaders. However that new LG steam wash machine looks awesome..I think I'd buy it even though it's a front loader...and if I had $2000 to spare Smile

greenfire

Post Mon, Nov 24 2008, 11:50 pm
NO !!!

imaamy

Post Mon, Nov 24 2008, 11:58 pm
Mine is OK. I would probably buy it if I had to do over again because it uses less energy/water. What I don't like is that you cannot stop the cycle a little early. If it says 1 more minute, it could be 3 and the door is locked. I wish I had the pedestal too because I have to bend way over to empty it.

dainty diva

Post Tue, Nov 25 2008, 1:11 am
do u mind posting make/model/experience?

grin

Post Tue, Nov 25 2008, 1:45 am
are you in the US or do you need a machine that also heats the water?

the difference between front and top loader is based on size - the smaller machines (up to 5 kg.) are usually top loaders.

I just now bought a new washer, made in Korea - a front-loader since I wanted a large machine. I didn't want one made in Turkey, France or China since I don't feel that those countries make appliances well.
It seems to me that the huge price difference between German brands and Korean (alomsot twice the price!) is that the German are more massive and therefore shake less when spinning.

I bought a Samsung since I also liked the option of manually setting the temperature and spin speed. I've only had it a couple of weeks but I'm so far very satisfied as to how well it washes the clothes and works smoothly.

Kumphort

Post Tue, Nov 25 2008, 11:17 am
I have this one with the matching dryer
LG Model WM2233HU from Home Depot. I do like the way that they clean the clothes, I dont find that they can hold as much as I was expecting them to hold, but that could just be my expectations were unrealistic. You can pause, and end the cycle early, if you find that one sock that fell out on the way to the washer you can add it in, It does vibrate a lot, but I am not sure if that's because I am overloading it, or it's not totally installed correctly, I do have the pedestals, (which I got Home depot to throw in for me, it never hurts to ask, people are desperate these days to make a sale! ) and the machines are side by side and the doors both open outward, so I am able to move things from the washer to the dryer without having to go around!

I was debating getting a steam machine but even the sales people were not pushing, they said that it's not a cycle that is used that often, this machine has a sanitary cycle which I have never even used, I assume that the hot water cycle would be hot enough to kill most stuff. I wouldnt have minded having a steam dryer, so that I can quickly get out wrinkles, but again, I didnt think it was worth the extra $$.

All in all I am happy iwth my machines, if only they would fold the laundry too

you can contact me with any other questions.

dainty diva

Post Tue, Nov 25 2008, 12:58 pm
how is it w/ the odor issues and how is lg's repair service?

dainty diva

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 9:41 am
anyone?

Kumphort

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 9:43 am
So far I haven't needed any repairs done, thank god,
There as long as you leave the washer door open until it dries, there is no issue, there is also a pump which you are supposed to drain occasionally, There is a tub clean cycle, which I think I am going to do one of these days, for the first time and I had my machine for about 6 months.

Mommy3.5

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 9:49 am
I have a maytag stackable frontloader, I m very happy with it. almost eight years old and never a problem. bli ayin hara ptoo ptoo ptoo....

dainty diva

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 10:27 am
Mommy, which model maytag? And anyone w/ a whirlpool duet or duet sport?

grin

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 10:32 am
I can personally vouch for the Maytag durability - just like in the old commercials. I just dumped my 27-yr-old machine which was (finally) on its last legs. I chose not to buy a Maytag again since, living in Israel, now I wanted a machine that would heat its own water.

Beauty and the Beast

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 10:34 am
we are also purchasing a frontloader one of these days.. sears is having a sale on the samsung, but they will not deliver it till January 13, so I dont know what to do.

We were looking at the fridgidaire affinity. let me know what you think..

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/ol.....egory

dainty diva

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 10:37 am
I heard frigidaire is BAD real junk. So far the verdict rests on whirlpool--they currently make maytag,kenmore and other brand washers,so naturally THEIR brand is best. Can't decide bet. duet and duet sport simply size issue

grin

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 10:42 am
if it's a Q of size, I guess the answer would depend partly on how large your family is and how many large loads you generally wash as opposed to the price difference between the two.

dainty diva

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 10:44 am
I'm getting 2 machines, so I'm fine w/duet sport, but they don't score 2 well on consumer reports, anyone w/specific experince? Come on, SPEAK UP!

drumjj

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 10:54 am
I live in the uk and I have a bosch, its my third one due to living in different houses and its fabulous.

greenfire

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 11:30 am
dainty diva wrote:
I'm getting 2 machines, so I'm fine w/duet sport, but they don't score 2 well on consumer reports, anyone w/specific experince? Come on, SPEAK UP!

you think you're gonna whip the answer you want out of someone ?!?!?! Twisted Evil

http://blogs.consumerreports.o......html
http://www.consumersearch.com/.....views

do some research - not just here

octopus

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 11:34 am
I have front loaders. Not sure of the make and model. would have to go to the basement to look. I am happy with them, though.

As for the smell- there is none. You are not supposed to fully close the washing machine after use because it can become moldy and smelly. If you leave it open for a bit after use, you will be just fine.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics