Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What are 20 Y.O. girls wearing for Shabbos coats? Long/Short

amother

Post Sat, Nov 29 2008, 6:38 pm
What are the stylish girls wearing for Winter Coats- ankle length or knee length?

Where in New York can s/o find a high style coat for reasonable?

Are Fur trimmed coats still worn - like in Flatbush/Queens or is that mostly a Boro Park look?

Fabulous

Post Sat, Nov 29 2008, 6:49 pm
amother wrote:
What are the stylish girls wearing for Winter Coats- ankle length or knee length?

Are Fur trimmed coats still worn - like in Flatbush/Queens or is that mostly a Boro Park look?

They're mostly wearing ankle length coats and the fur trim is a mor boro park look (which I have and like, but then again, I am from boro park).

As to where to find a reasonably priced one, no clue. Sorry.

Barbara

Post Sat, Nov 29 2008, 7:01 pm
Fabulous wrote:
amother wrote:

They're mostly wearing ankle length coats and the fur trim is a mor boro park look (which I have and like, but then again, I am from boro park).

In general, if she's wearing a very long skirt, you want a shorter coat, about fingertip length. Knee length skirts require a full length (below knee) coat. You either need to show a LOT of skirt, or cover it completely. A small amount of skirt showing doesn't look good.

Ankle length, you're going to need to go to a frum store. AFAIK, you're not going to find them elsewhere (unless she's short, and can just buy a coat that's too long on her). Ankle length gets too dirty too fast for most people. Shorter, department stores are having huge sales right now. Also try Syms.

msym

Post Sat, Nov 29 2008, 10:13 pm
try loehmans

ShakleeMom

Post Sat, Nov 29 2008, 10:24 pm
syms

Tzippora

Post Sat, Nov 29 2008, 10:43 pm
Daffy's has great coats!

greenfire

Post Sat, Nov 29 2008, 10:52 pm
who cares what everyone else is wearing ... what does she like ... after all I think that is what counts ...

avigailmiriam

Post Sun, Nov 30 2008, 1:14 pm
Barbara wrote:
Fabulous wrote:
amother wrote:

In general, if she's wearing a very long skirt, you want a shorter coat, about fingertip length. Knee length skirts require a full length (below knee) coat. You either need to show a LOT of skirt, or cover it completely. A small amount of skirt showing doesn't look good.

Ankle length, you're going to need to go to a frum store. AFAIK, you're not going to find them elsewhere (unless she's short, and can just buy a coat that's too long on her). Ankle length gets too dirty too fast for most people. Shorter, department stores are having huge sales right now. Also try Syms.

Two winter ago, I got a gorgeous $400 Anne Klein coat in dark grey wool, ankle-length from a department store at the end of the season. I paid $75 for it.

Fashion or not, I'd go for an ankle-length coat. Walking in the winter is cold!

Ruchel

Post Sun, Nov 30 2008, 1:28 pm
fur trim?? no way!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics