Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Moneysaving ideas
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

Sunshine

Post Wed, Dec 22 2004, 12:42 am
Sara1B I also make my own pizza dough bec there is no pizza shop here and fresh is so much better than frozen boxed pizza. I have a really easy recipe and the dough only has to rise 5 min! I love it. The cutest thing is that I make them in round 9 inch pans so every one gets their own mini pizza. 1 batch of dough makes 4 pizzas.
2 1/4 tsp yeast(1pkg)
1 cup warm water
2 1/2 cupa flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
2 Tblsp oil
Mix yeast and water together till yeast dissolves. Add the rest of the ingredients. Kneed into a ball of dough and let rest 5 min. Shape into pizza. Top with sauce and cheese. Bake at 425 for 15-20 min

girliesmommy

Post Thu, Dec 30 2004, 7:20 pm
Quote:
Sara1B I also make my own pizza dough bec there is no pizza shop here and fresh is so much better than frozen boxed pizza. I have a really easy recipe and the dough only has to rise 5 min! I love it. The cutest thing is that I make them in round 9 inch pans so every one gets their own mini pizza. 1 batch of dough makes 4 pizzas.
2 1/4 tsp yeast(1pkg)
1 cup warm water
2 1/2 cupa flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
2 Tblsp oil
Mix yeast and water together till yeast dissolves. Add the rest of the ingredients. Kneed into a ball of dough and let rest 5 min. Shape into pizza. Top with sauce and cheese. Bake at 425 for 15-20 min

Thanks a ton for this recipe! I made it tonight and it was delicious! I have tried so many different recipes but this is by far the best... and easy too!

Sunshine

Post Thu, Dec 30 2004, 7:48 pm
I am so glad you like it. I know that having easy yummie food is a life saver and I am very happy when I get new ideas, so I try to return the favor by passing it on.

Tefila

Post Wed, Jan 12 2005, 3:20 pm
Also leave your visa and mastercard at home and if you see something you really want, it will give you time to think about it carefully on your way home to get it.
Bottom line don't shop spontaneously..... ofcourse there's exceptions but don't make it the rule and you will be much happier for it!!

gryp

Post Wed, Jan 12 2005, 9:46 pm
you know ive heard someone advise people who just cant stop spending money- to keep it in the freezer in water (ice) and then you cant use it until it defrosts!

Tefila

Post Tue, Jan 18 2005, 9:55 pm
Sunshine, that pizza recipe is a taste of Gan Eden!! My son made it and now we will be making it weekly. But ofcourse in our house have to triple that recipe....... Thanks from all of us here Very Happy

leahj

Post Thu, Jan 27 2005, 7:34 pm
This may sound really cheap, but I cut my sponges in half. they are expensive and you really don't need the whole sponge. I also put them in the dishwasher. I stock up on whatever is on sale at the supermarket and try to cut down on using paper goods. We also changed are telephone plan to the basic service and bought prepaid phone cards 1000 minutes for $5 for anywhere in US - we save soooo much money this way! They also have an international card - but I forget how much it costs.

Rivk

Post Thu, Jan 27 2005, 8:33 pm
Give your kids haircuts yourself! It's really not so hard and if you mess up a little, it'll grow back!

Yael

Post Thu, Jan 27 2005, 9:53 pm
get your sponges in the dollar store!!!
here I can buy 12 for a dollar.
dollar stores in general are great places for a good bargain on things like paper goods, little garbage cans and plastic containers, sometimes picture frames, things like nightlights, or light bulbs, phone wires, etc.

gryp

Post Fri, Jan 28 2005, 9:05 am
well, boys haircuts are easy. girls haircuts are completely different.

cutting sponges in half is a great idea! also getting them from the dollar store- but many times if you buy something in bulk, it comes out cheaper than the dollar store (ie. papergoods)

we are also one of the few in the world that use calling cards instead of normal long-distance. it costs us less than 2 cents a minute. its a pain to dial all those numbers or to go buy a new one, but im so used to it I dont even notice.

BasHashem

Post Fri, Jan 28 2005, 10:21 am
I have 4 sonsbh and the knees on their pants are always wore out to fast (soemtimes the next day lol) When I ironed on patches they complained it was ugly, and truthfully it was. I got a smashing idea, and now I iron on patches on the inside the same day I buy them. what a differene.

Tefila

Post Fri, Jan 28 2005, 10:27 am
Quote:
and now I iron on patches on the inside the same day I buy them

Wow thanks for that tip Very Happy

BasHashem

Post Fri, Jan 28 2005, 11:36 am
PLEASURE! : Very Happy

gryp

Post Fri, Jan 28 2005, 11:38 am
that really is a good way to keep pants lasting longer...

now if only I would know how to iron on patches...

Tefila

Post Fri, Jan 28 2005, 11:48 am
Quote:
now if only I would know how to iron on patches...

With an irion.... I think Twisted Evil

Bell

Post Sat, Jan 29 2005, 8:29 pm
love this thread
I invested in a hair cutting machine & give my husband haircuts.

mommy2

Post Sat, Jan 29 2005, 8:35 pm
mmm... I made that pizza tonight for melave malka! It was really good!I'd just recommend doubling it cuz everyone wanted seconds!

leahj

Post Thu, Feb 03 2005, 8:59 pm
RG said "we are also one of the few in the world that use calling cards instead of normal long-distance. it costs us less than 2 cents a minute. its a pain to dial all those numbers or to go buy a new one, but im so used to it I dont even notice."

You can program your phone so you don't have to dial in all the numbers. We have a "rocket dial" which we program with the calling card phone number and then in one of the memory buttons I program the password. This way, you dial less numbers than if you were dialing a regular phone number.

gryp

Post Thu, Feb 03 2005, 9:05 pm
thats true, thanx for the tip. except manuals are very boring to me and I barely look at them unless something breaks and even then....
besides, we buy a new calling card every so often so the numbers change.

Tefila

Post Thu, Feb 03 2005, 9:18 pm
Quote:
and I barely look at them unless something breaks and even then....

Ditto LOL
Page 5 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics