Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Moving to Lakewood
1  2  Next

amother

Post Sun, Nov 30 2008, 10:45 pm
I am considering a move to Lakewood this summer and would appreciate any info regarding the housing market in Lakewood. We plan on buying a house prior to our move. I was wondering if women can share any information you may have about the different neighborhoods in Lakewood such as Raintree, Hearthstone, Chestnut etc. Also what is the general housing market like? How hard/easy is it to find a renter for your basement (considering this option)? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

small bean

Post Mon, Dec 01 2008, 9:15 am
The housing market here is pretty cheap and there are always houses available in hearthstone and raintree. In the neighborhoods you mentioned it's not easy to rent your basements (if you rent it cheap you probably can get someone). in the developments and yeshiva area it's easy. hearthstone is still mostly not jewish. the houses there are pretty nice. most of them bi-levels. I would assume that in the next couple of years there will be more jews there. raintree is a really nice community - the houses there have large properties. I dont know too much about chestnut. I grew up in lakewood and live there now. if you have any specific questions feel free to ask.

songbird

Post Wed, May 08 2013, 6:33 pm
Anybody know the sites that list lakewood rentals? Thanks.

amother

Post Wed, May 08 2013, 6:40 pm
OP,

I strongly recommend contacting Chaviva Teichman, a real estate agent at 908-910-9771. We are working on buying a house and she has been incredibly helpful, patient, and NOT pushy at all. I really like her.

amother above me, to get the most comprehensive rental list, email 123@masaumatan.com on Monday or Tuesday and they will send you the list by Wednesday morning each week.

Good luck to both of you!

songbird

Post Wed, May 08 2013, 6:50 pm
Thanks but looking for sites. I found photos of an ocean pointe house on a ste that was listed on another and can't find it now!!

amother

Post Wed, May 08 2013, 7:16 pm
OP - you realize that you are asking about neighborhoods that are on the outskirts - right?

If you are coming from NY - you will really appreciate the size of the homes, the backyards...

If you want an all frum neighborhood there are some developments with lager homes while most other developments have town houses. The neighborhoods you asked about are mixed Jews/non Jews

Do you have schools set up for your children? That is always an issue here...

questioner

Post Wed, May 08 2013, 8:23 pm
http://www.bnblakewood.com/
I think this has (some of) the masa umatan ads

naturalmom5

Post Wed, May 08 2013, 9:29 pm
OP .....if you have school age children or plan to have . Make sure you have a guarantee from a school to take them in , IN WRITING!!!!!
Even then it might not help ...
Or be prepared for lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of aggravation

Did I say lots ???

June

Post Wed, May 08 2013, 11:26 pm
Just btw, a lot of the houses in raintree, hearthstone, etc do not have basements.

amother

Post Thu, May 09 2013, 3:33 am
First of all if you want a competent broker use blima goldberger. Everyone that buys uses her. I would stay far away from imperial which is what chaviva teichman works for. If you don't want blima goldberger then use remax they are also very good and they have all the listings on all the new developments.
I'm buying a house now and a bunch of friends and we all left imperial. Blima's number is 732-330-4033. She knows every house for sale, and knows when it's sold before the broker who is even the listing agent.
Also she will tell you what you could or can't afford. She will tell you if you can get a renter or not.
If you want to know more why you shouldn't use the name mentioned above I'll give you an email address and let you know in detail I just don't feel comfortable posting it here.

MyKidsRQte

Post Thu, May 09 2013, 5:59 am
amother wrote:
First of all if you want a competent broker use blima goldberger. Everyone that buys uses her. I would stay far away from imperial which is what chaviva teichman works for. If you don't want blima goldberger then use remax they are also very good and they have all the listings on all the new developments.
I'm buying a house now and a bunch of friends and we all left imperial. Blima's number is 732-330-4033. She knows every house for sale, and knows when it's sold before the broker who is even the listing agent.
Also she will tell you what you could or can't afford. She will tell you if you can get a renter or not.
If you want to know more why you shouldn't use the name mentioned above I'll give you an email address and let you know in detail I just don't feel comfortable posting it here.

I used Hindy Weiss from imperial, and so did quite a few friends and we were very happy. So I dont think that EVERYONE that buys uses Blima Goldberger. If you have any questions feel free to PM me

edited to add:

I have heard that Blima Goldberger is good, but my friends had used Hindy Weiss and were very happy.

harriet

Post Thu, May 09 2013, 6:20 am
MyKidsRQte wrote:
amother wrote:

I used Hindy Weiss from imperial, and so did quite a few friends and we were very happy. So I dont think that EVERYONE that buys uses Blima Goldberger. If you have any questions feel free to PM me

edited to add:

I have heard that Blima Goldberger is good, but my friends had used Hindy Weiss and were very happy.

I used Bassheva Berger from Imperial and was very happy. . . why the Imperial bashing?

21young

Post Thu, May 09 2013, 8:47 am
I couldn't help but smile at the amother who bashed Imperial. You must have a personal bone to pick with them since there is a reason that Imperial is the single largest real estate agency in Lakewood, by far.
If you personally weren't happy with them, say that, but don't write that everyone isn't happy with them.
(And no, I have no personal stock invested in Imperial.)

amother

Post Thu, May 09 2013, 9:30 am
Actually, I used both Blima and Chaviva and I personally found Chaviva to be much more knowledgeable about the houses that were available, and about the ones we looked at- she knew all the details about it.
However, both are very sweet and work very hard!

MyKidsRQte

Post Thu, May 09 2013, 4:51 pm
21young wrote:
I couldn't help but smile at the amother who bashed Imperial. You must have a personal bone to pick with them since there is a reason that Imperial is the single largest real estate agency in Lakewood, by far.
If you personally weren't happy with them, say that, but don't write that everyone isn't happy with them.
(And no, I have no personal stock invested in Imperial.)

It was definitely Imperial bashing Sad

Cookies n Cream

Post Thu, May 09 2013, 4:57 pm
Hopefully the OP bought her house 4 years ago and is settled with her kids in schools.

amother

Post Thu, May 09 2013, 5:08 pm
Imperial was big five years ago it moved to remax now. All the new developments are by remax.
Imperial was big when they sold m. Weismann's developments now that he went bankrupt they are not the same.

amother

Post Sun, Jun 30 2013, 2:59 pm
Bumping again to ask for agent recommendations. Preferably someone who will communicate via email in a timely fashion. (I find it easier to email questions than call, and a lot of the agents, only respond days later to emails)

amother

Post Sun, Jun 30 2013, 3:23 pm
We just bought with Chaviva Teichman from Imperial and we were thrilled. She was soo helpful and patient. She knew about houses before they went on the market. She was able to be in touch with the listing agent for any house that we were interested in seeing. She answered calls, texts, and emails promptly. We are so grateful that we were able to work with her. She really made this experience a pleasant one for us. I strongly recommend her. 908-910-9771 or cteichman@imperialnj.com

momi

Post Sun, Jun 30 2013, 4:10 pm
We swear by Miri Bergman from imperial. (732) 299-8214. Miri@ imperialnj.com. We bought on the south side of the lake but she was able to show us any house in every area. She knows all mortgage info as well( I think she used to work in mortgages ). Sweet, knowledgeable, always available, HONEST and NOT pushy. We didn't go with anyone else so I can't tell u about the other agents but nyone who bashes the whole imperial definitely has an agenda. Pm me with any questions. Hatzlacha.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating