Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Normal age to start crawling?

pappymom

Post Mon, Dec 08 2008, 12:30 pm
My baby id K"h almost 8 months, has been swimming backwards for a while, can spin sround on the floor on his stomache, but for some reason hasn't figured out yet how to crawl! When do babies normally start crawling?

yo'ma

Post Mon, Dec 08 2008, 12:34 pm
All of mine started around 9 months. ALL BABIES ARE DIFFERENT. I heard of some babies who started walking around 9 months.

drumjj

Post Mon, Dec 08 2008, 12:34 pm
each kid is different I wouldnt worry about it at all. eight months is still pretty normal for a lot of kid not to crawl

amother

Post Mon, Dec 08 2008, 9:36 pm
On many developmental charts the normal age to start crawling is up to 10 months. If your child does not start crawling then, there is NOTHING WRONG with your child. It just means he is not within the 50th percentile of development.

chanagital

Post Mon, Dec 08 2008, 9:46 pm
your child should be able to lift his head.. if not get him checked out for child development services. At three months of age a child should be able to lift his/her head and sit up propped at least.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Dec 08 2008, 10:35 pm
Mine started at ten and twelve months-one never did. He seems like he is almost ready.

RachelEve14

Post Mon, Dec 08 2008, 11:41 pm
Avraham Tzvi doesn't have a real crawl yet, he pulls himself on his arms. Rena didn't move at all until she was almost 1. I'll never forget t he first time she crawled. It was Friday night, Nechama was asleep (she was mobile), so while I was setting the table I opened the glass cabinet and left it opened. All of a sudden Rena found something she wanted to crawl to Very Happy

When dh came home from shul I told him Rena crawled and he said no way so I opened the cabinet again and she did it again. Then he asked if I was being mean because there was no way she was getting at all those glass things.

Anyway, I think she was about 1 at the time. Rivka also crawled pretty late. All babies are different Very Happy

cubbie

Post Tue, Dec 09 2008, 1:48 am
Every baby is different and crawling isn't considered a mile-stone as not all babies crawl, my brother skipped the crawling and at about age one started scooting about on his tush until he walked. My younger dd and my neice started crawling at pretty much the same time and there is a 6 month difference between them. Believe me as a mother of "early crawlers" it would have been nice to have had a longer period of time where they would stay where I would put them and to have become baby cop a little later!

mamacita

Post Tue, Dec 09 2008, 5:11 am
Both my kids didn't roll over until 7mos or so, crawled around 7-8 and one walked by 11 mos, the other is 15mos and still cruising sooooo . . . every kid is so different!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics