Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Bored baby

pomegranate

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 5:53 pm
my four month old is so bored in the swing ( fisher price aquarium) and also he bends forwards and falls to the side of the swing so I have to hold him hours during the day. what kind of toy/entertainment can he enjoy?

dimples

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 5:58 pm
I found that at 4 months my baby got too old for the swing. I love the rainforest jumperoo, but any exersaucer type of toy is great, and it sounds like your baby is old enough to be in one (providing that he has good head support). a playmat with arches is also a great toy, kept ds entertained for hours!

drumjj

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 6:10 pm
why dont u put him on a floor mat with things on it for him to try and reach out and stuff? also would be good for him to go on the floor to learn to roll and move etc

pomegranate

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 6:22 pm
dimples wrote:
I found that at 4 months my baby got too old for the swing. I love the rainforest jumperoo, but any exersaucer type of toy is great, and it sounds like your baby is old enough to be in one (providing that he has good head support). a playmat with arches is also a great toy, kept ds entertained for hours!
thanks. I think I like the rainforest jumperoo. does it take up a lot of space?

sky

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 6:23 pm
excersaucer, jumperoo - either the free standing one or the ones that go on a door frame is perfect for this age.

Some of them come with a lot of toys to entertain the baby.

pomegranate

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 6:23 pm
drumjj wrote:
why dont u put him on a floor mat with things on it for him to try and reach out and stuff? also would be good for him to go on the floor to learn to roll and move etc

I tried that. he kvetches when I put him on the floor. he dosn't like to be flat. not on his stomach and not on his back.

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 6:25 pm
the bumbo seat isa great investment. (www.bumbochairlady.com)

also the jumperoo or hop n pop.

dimples

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 6:35 pm
pomegranate wrote:
dimples wrote:
thanks. I think I like the rainforest jumperoo. does it take up a lot of space?

nope. not anymore space than a reuglar exersaucer. I like it better becuase ds loves to jump in it, he cracks himelf up...

btw, with the floor situation, I had the same thing w/ my baby, he hated his stomach, try putting him down for a few minutes everyday, increasing the minutes little by little. it worked for me...might work for you Smile

Jmommy

Post Tue, Dec 16 2008, 4:41 pm
I agree with getting a playmat...I have the fisher price rainforest one and my baby loves to lay in it (and you'll love to look at it, you may want to lay on it yourself LOL . he reaches for the toys and bats at them. however, you should rotate the toys you use (ie, one time bouncer, then swing, then mat) or your baby will get bored with whatever you get.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics