Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Gifts to Doctor

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Thu, Jan 26 2006, 10:17 pm
I know there's a thread on this SOMEWHERE, but I apologize as it's quite hard to find.... (Moderators, I don't mind if you combine this)...

So I remember reading some women writing how it's accepted to give your OB a gift. I didn't know this beforehand. Last baby I sent a nice thank you card with a picture of him.

But I really would like to show my hakaras hatov.
So my question is...If you use a GROUP PRACTICE... what do you do?
A joint gift to the entire staff (a food basket)?
to the doctor who delivered you?
OR/AND to the doctor who saw you the most visits?

My practice has 4 doctors, but I saw 1 doctor many times, one a few, and 2 doctors just once or twice. The doctor I saw the second to most times is the one who delivered me. So should I give her and the one who saw me a lot?

Thanks!
Also - what type of gift?

~good shabbos to yall!

3Qts

Post Thu, Jan 26 2006, 10:55 pm
Last time I was by the OB (Chanukah) A lady bought 5 platters of cookies She gave one for the nurses and then one each for the 4 drs. I thought it was so nice and was upset at myself for not thinking of bringing something.

rosehill

Post Thu, Jan 26 2006, 10:59 pm
I brought doughnuts and coffee for all the office staff-I was uncomfortable bringing anything more personal. I brought the same to the pediatrician's office, as they were very helpful during our hospital stay.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sun, Jan 29 2006, 9:34 pm
does anyone have the link to the other thread?
I'm not a great baker...and to buy a nice platter is $25 each....but it's a beautiful idea!!

LoveMy2Kids

Post Sun, Jan 29 2006, 9:37 pm
If you buy the candy and make the platter yourself it comes out much cheaper. If done well the cheapest thing can look amazing.

queen

Post Mon, Jan 30 2006, 10:17 am
if you are not the best of wrappers....... buy a pretty dish, bring to candy store, fill it up and have store wrap gift.

ny21

Post Tue, Mar 21 2006, 8:17 pm
a fruit basket would be nice

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Tue, Mar 21 2006, 10:12 pm
I got a good idea! Smile I took leftover nosh from Purim and made a basket!! no, not lollipops, but two good boxes of chocolate, a nice package of wafers, nuts, and a small candy sectional!! that way, less junk for me, but nice thank you gift! I just have to wrap it up and hand it over....3 months late. (errr......embarrased face!)

happyone

Post Tue, Mar 21 2006, 10:54 pm
Sometimes a nice letter or poem is more appreciated than gifts.

downsyndrome

Post Tue, Mar 21 2006, 11:15 pm
Can anybody suggest something appropriate for a wonderful, frum, male pediatrician?
My children's doctor is 'mamish' a tzaddik. Every year when Chanukah comes around I scratch my head, I then tell myself that I will give him something for Purim. When Purim comes around and I see the amount of gift/nosh baskets all over his office, I say 'No, I'll give him something for Chanukah.' And this is how it keeps going. All his office walls are covered with plaques of World's Best Doctor, Tefillas Harofa, Clocks, etc.
Once, when the doctor was sitting shiva and my husband went to make a shiva call to him, I sent along fresh challahs (it was on a Friday). Other than that, I haven't come up with anything yet. Any suggestions?

For my obstetrician (who I am seeing tomorrow IY"H for a gyn visit and I am planning to take him fresh chocolate rugelach, which he loves) who remarried during one of my pregnancies, I bought a silver napkin holder as a wedding gift and I wrote "Congratulations to a sterling doctor...." I wanted to sign it - 'From a diamond patient' LOL LOL

happyone

Post Wed, Mar 22 2006, 7:46 am
Depending on how much you want to spend. If he's a frum doctor, you might want to buy him something for his seder table. A matza holder, embroidered pillow case, piece of silver etc...

downsyndrome

Post Wed, Mar 22 2006, 8:06 am
Good ideas, Happyone. But how do I know that I am not purchasing something that he already has ten of? That would really not be interesting and not fulfilling the purpose (unless I pat myself on my tummy smugly and say 'hooray, I bought him something' and not care that he might have no use for it)

ektsm

Post Wed, Mar 22 2006, 8:33 am
WHy do you have to send them a gift? It's not like they are doing a mitzvah by delivering you...BElieve me they are getting well compensated for it!

ny21

Post Fri, Mar 31 2006, 9:56 am
yesterday was the official ---Docotrs day!
which was

created by george busch.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics