Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Cream puffs

tzatza

Post Mon, Dec 22 2008, 1:33 pm
I made them yesterday and they came out delicious!!!!

Bring 1/2 cup of margarine (I used SmartBalance) and 1 cup of water to a boil. Quickly turn down heat and put in 1 cup flour. Stir vigourosly with a wooden spoon til the mixture becomes a ball and pulls away from the sides of the saucepan (About 2 min). Then (remove from heat), add 4 eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition (If you have Kitchen Aid mixer, then at this point put in flat beater and add eggs at Speed 2 ,beating 30 sec each time. Stop, scrape the sides, put on speed 4 and mix 15 more seconds. ). Preheat oven to 400. Drop the dough by teaspoonful onto greased cookie sheet (recipe said it would make dozen puffs, which it did, but they came out big, so you can make more smaller puffs). Bake for 35-37 min till puffed and golden color. Cool in the oven. Remove and split in half using serrated knife. I scraped out some bits of wet dough from inside to make them completely hollow. Fill with whipped cream (I used Rich's whip whipped with instant vanilla pudding priorly dissolved in 1 1/4 cup of soy milk). Also, you can dust it with confectioner sugar and drizzle with melted chocolate.

Yummy!!! (And very easy).

Taliaville

Post Mon, Dec 22 2008, 1:39 pm
I made these- I just baked them at 425 for 20-25 minutes- I didnt even get to fill them, they got eaten so quickly- you can always use them as puff pastry shells! Very Happy

tzatza

Post Mon, Dec 22 2008, 1:46 pm
Smile
I made them when DH wasn't home, so they got filled LOL

yo'ma

Post Mon, Dec 22 2008, 2:17 pm
I use to make them all the time for my parents simchas bais hasho'eva on sukkos. I made them somewhat recently and they didn't come out good because of the weather and the whip doesn't taste very good.

chillax

Post Mon, Dec 22 2008, 2:24 pm
I made something very similar for Shabbos and again last night Tongue Out
Only I used puff pastry and no soy milk for the custardy part. YUM!

cookielady

Post Mon, Dec 22 2008, 2:30 pm
Every time I try cream puffs they are a disaster. It has been years. I'm feeling brave (macabees on the brain?) So I think I will give these a try tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks for posting.

Tamiri

Post Mon, Dec 22 2008, 2:39 pm
Just like pesach rolls!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins