Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Pre-bas mitzvah camp

elisecohen

Post Sun, Jan 29 2006, 5:27 am
My dd has asked me to run a camp this summer for a week or so for her and other girls who will be 11, helping them with b"m growth and ideas. Her suggestions would be a chessed project every day, learning mishnayos, scrapbooking, and baking (to prepare them for growing up). Other ideas or specific suggestions? I thought maybe even things like teaching them to balance a checkbook! For chessed I thought maybe something like making hospital infant blankets, toiletry kits for children in shelters, activity kits to give to ChaiLifeline for hospitalized/homebound children (activity blankets for toddlers, games and so on for older children). Oh, and they can say tehillim together every day, maybe do a science project to appreciate the wonders of G-d's world...Ideas please brilliant ladies! I will make them pay for the camp, but no one here has a lot of money, so everything has to be fairly cheap, things I can supply from the dollar store or home, etc. I'll schedule it for a week when my elem. boys are in camp out of the home but I'll have my one year old home with me, too.

Also, if anyone has input as to whether they would send a child to such a backyard camp or not, and how much they'd be willing to pay ($50? $100? $150?) so I could get a reasonable set of ideas that would be welcomed too!

Frumom

Post Sun, Jan 29 2006, 3:22 pm
There is an organization in New York that started the "Bat Mitzvah Club". I dont know if you've heard about it or if you're interested or not, but you can call the Tzivos Hashem office in C.H. and they'll direct you to the person in charge.

technic

Post Sun, Jan 29 2006, 3:28 pm
this sounds like a terrific idea - and judging by the other threads I think theres a demand for a marriage-preparation camp 2 - maybe that can b ur NEXT project!!! Yes

Tefila

Post Sun, Jan 29 2006, 4:13 pm
Quote:
demand for a marriage-preparation camp 2 - maybe that can b ur NEXT project!!!

LOL Tech
elsie if it was my dd in your back yard Tongue Out Tongue Out I would pay $100.00 as long as everything is incl no hidden extras.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics