Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
I am so frustrated with my baby!
Previous  1  2

orchidmom

Post Tue, Jan 06 2009, 1:36 pm
I had a friend who had a crying baby for about a year!!! She was really getting fed up and someone recommended she should go to a craniologist, she has been a few times and say's the child is a different child, and her house is much calmer now!

Hope you get some relaxation, going out for an hour by yourself and leaving the baby with your husband or someone can do wonders for you!!

Good luck.

Tehilla

Post Tue, Jan 06 2009, 1:39 pm
yes, my 'screamer' was like that for over 2 years before I found the right shliach to help us (the homeopath). nothing and no one else worked, conventional or alternative. her episodes are now rare and it's truly like having a different (happy) child in the house.

I thought I was losing it for so long...B"H that she's better now.

Shalshelet

Post Tue, Jan 06 2009, 1:47 pm
Have you tried eliminating soy or peanuts/beans from your diet? These too can be hard for a little one to digest.

If there is a high school in your area, try contacting them to see if they have a chessed program where the high schoolers come to your house as a chessed to help out.

And the wraps are the best! I got mine at mayawrap.com. It's really secure and holds the baby in a variety of natural positions, as opposed to the bjorn.

Lots of hugs! It will get better!

Strudel

Post Tue, Jan 06 2009, 1:59 pm
Are you nursing? If so you might need to change your diet. If giving formula, then experimnet with a different brand. Have you tried swaddling if its colic? Perhaps a quick trip to the doctor to check everything is alright might be in order.
Then, look after yourself! A screaming baby can drive you crazy. As another poster said, ask at a high school or sem if girls can do chesed for a few hours or so.

Atali

Post Tue, Jan 06 2009, 2:00 pm
I deleted the obnoxious post by amother, so please do not continue to respond to it.

Amother, if you have any questions you can PM me.

Let's stick to helping OP.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 06 2009, 2:01 pm
Shalshelet wrote:
Have you tried eliminating soy or peanuts/beans from your diet? These too can be hard for a little one to digest.
If there is a high school in your area, try contacting them to see if they have a chessed program where the high schoolers come to your house as a chessed to help out.

And the wraps are the best! I got mine at mayawrap.com. It's really secure and holds the baby in a variety of natural positions, as opposed to the bjorn.

Lots of hugs! It will get better!

OP here - so, I should eliminate dairy and soy?! I do not eat peanuts ever or anyhting with peanuts in them. I do not eat any chocolate products and it's been 3 weeks since ive eaten anything dairy - and I LOVE dairy! nothing seems to help. I should probably get out more but it takes so long to get ready to go out because I have to hold her that I lose interest. I know it will get better like u all say, but the problem isnt the future - the problem is dealing with her now!

Atali

Post Tue, Jan 06 2009, 2:02 pm
I also edited the thread title in order not to offend those struggling with IF. PM me with any concerns.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 06 2009, 2:38 pm
A question for OP...
Does it have to be YOU holding the baby, or can someone else hold the baby...even just for a few mins?

If someone else can hold the baby, then you really should ask for help. Call your friends and ask if they can send an older child to help you, even if for just an hour. Another pair of hands can hold your baby while you put on your shoes and coat and get the stroller ready to go out...for instance. Even if you just get to walk outside to get your mail or to buy milk...it's something!

Ask for help! I would have no problem helping a friend who called me to tell me she was overwhelmed and needed an extra pair of hands for an hour every now and then.

tovarena

Post Tue, Jan 06 2009, 3:07 pm
Another vote here for finding some local high school girls that need chessed time. An hour or two a couple of times a week can make a big difference.

About the reflux med - both of mine were on zantac but we also saw very little improvement, especially with DS. We ultimately switched to prevacid and it made a big difference. I was told by a nicu nurse that while most doctors start with zantac, prevacid is usually more effective.

Good luck!

Shalshelet

Post Tue, Jan 06 2009, 3:07 pm
Yes, I'd try eliminating soy too. see http://www.kellymom.com/babyco......html

I'm currently not eating dairy, soy, peanuts, and I'm also gluten intolerant, so no wheat or gluten either. Makes it a bit more challenging, but chicken, meat, fish and eggs (if you can have them) are good protein sources in the meantime.

I too love dairy, and can't wait to get back to eating g.f. pizza, lasagna, cereal with real milk (I'm using almond milk for now.) etc.

I again urge you to get a sling or a wrap asap. I was going out of my mind watching others doing things, while I held my dd. When I finally got one, it was like night and day! What's cool is that with the maya wrap, they even have a position for the baby to nurse in (for that one, you still have to support the baby with one arm, but at least it frees up the other. Oh, and one important warning for these things is don't cook or use near dangerous objects that baby can reach!

Shalshelet

Post Tue, Jan 06 2009, 3:11 pm
Oh, and one more thing. . .

You should really try to get out with your baby. The fresh air supposedly calms and relaxes them.

Hope this helps!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics