Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Handbag question
1  2  Next

girliemom

Post Fri, Jan 09 2009, 12:17 pm
just wondering what handbags most of us carry - I have a weakness for name brand handbags and am always getting myself new ones - also what is the average price to spend on one and where is the best place to buy them?

I am currently carrying a Dooney & Bourke signature purse.

BennysMommy

Post Fri, Jan 09 2009, 12:19 pm
I've been using a diaper bag. Actually a large canvas bag that I call a diaper bag. We were on the train and my son pointed to a woman with a large handbag and said "look mommy she have a diaper bag!"

canadamom

Post Fri, Jan 09 2009, 12:25 pm
I just got an amazing Dolce and Gabbana purse in winners (like marshalls) I don't always wear brand names, but usually those are the ones I like. I always shop in cheaper stores and get great buys

square_peg

Post Fri, Jan 09 2009, 12:38 pm
girliemom wrote:
just wondering what handbags most of us carry - I have a weakness for name brand handbags and am always getting myself new ones - also what is the average price to spend on one and where is the best place to buy them?

I am currently carrying a Dooney & Bourke signature purse.

I love handbags,
check this out... Bags borrow or steal...

ClaRivka

Post Fri, Jan 09 2009, 12:46 pm
I have a black and white houndstooth purse that I love. It looks tiny but it can fit a ton.

My faorite purse ever was a franco sarto (?). I got it for sem and it was the best!

greenfire

Post Fri, Jan 09 2009, 1:12 pm
what's a handbag ?!?!?! What

Mimisinger

Post Fri, Jan 09 2009, 1:14 pm
I don't normally care and will keep them season to season (as I have done now). I love my bag - Tommy Hilfiger, got it cheaper - black leather, long and low with a rose interior.

DefyGravity

Post Fri, Jan 09 2009, 1:19 pm
Black Coach bag.

Maya

Post Fri, Jan 09 2009, 1:23 pm
I carry a big canvas tote. I like to have huge bags so I can fit in everything. It fits about 5 or so books, and comes in handy when I go to the library.

Right now, I'm carrying a BCBGMaxazria tote; it's about 14" long and 12" wide. I have it in both light blue and black.

I think that I won't ever wear fancy leather handbags again. I have a closet ful of them, but I love the totes.

shoy18

Post Fri, Jan 09 2009, 2:14 pm
I carry a fairly large rebecca minkoff bag. Its the perfect size to hold everything I need yet its not a heavy bag.

avigailmiriam

Post Fri, Jan 09 2009, 2:16 pm
I carry a backpack. I have yet to find a purse that will carry everything I need to on a daily basis and still be comfortable to carry.

bubby

Post Fri, Jan 09 2009, 2:37 pm
Girliemom, I'm with you!! 3 (or 4??) Dooney & Bourke (summer & winter), Kate Spade, Coach, & an adorable Le Tanneur that I bought in Harrods.

I adore designer pocket books, but I feel so guilty buying them that I didn't get anything new in 2008 (but I got a magnificent one NY Eve in Toronto, so I count that!!!) It's now 2009. Time for new ones (plural).

frumluv

Post Fri, Jan 09 2009, 2:58 pm
I won a ton of bags in every price range. On a day to day basis, I carry a tote (either Tory Burch, Herve Chapelier or Longchamp). When my shoulder has had enough, I switch to a small Cole Haan bag, small Longchamp or a Fendi baguette.

marina

Post Fri, Jan 09 2009, 3:29 pm
I have some plastic bags from the grocery store. And I wrote Gucci on one of them with a black sharpie. Is that good?

avigailmiriam

Post Fri, Jan 09 2009, 3:30 pm
marina wrote:
I have some plastic bags from the grocery store. And I wrote Gucci on one of them with a black sharpie. Is that good?

I personally prefer to use plastic bags to cover my hair.

cassandra

Post Fri, Jan 09 2009, 3:32 pm
Rebelling against this?

Beauty and the Beast

Post Fri, Jan 09 2009, 3:51 pm
bags and shoes are my weakness.. but I usually end up staying with the same one over and over...
I have bags in every shape, size and color.. I love totes and hobos...

right now I have an adorable no-name leather black bag with large black leather flowers on the front...its big enough to be my diaper bag.
a fendi clutch
small coach messenger for errands

marina

Post Fri, Jan 09 2009, 3:52 pm
I am a hobo so I love you too.

boruchhashem

Post Sat, Jan 10 2009, 11:13 pm
check out www.4miche.com

MiamiMommy

Post Sun, Jan 11 2009, 12:32 am
I like Coach, but I've been carrying my Kathy Von Zeeland black patent crock all winter! Love it!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics