Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Pretzel recipe from kbd for kids

yo'ma

Post Sun, Jan 11 2009, 7:56 pm
I just bought the cookbook and my 10 yr old dd just made the pretzels from there from beginning to end, including the cleaning (she wasn't happy about that Twisted Evil LOL ) and they were delicious.

Fabulous

Post Sun, Jan 11 2009, 9:36 pm
could you post the recipe when you get a chance? Is it a soft or hard pretzel recipe?

yo'ma

Post Mon, Jan 12 2009, 6:47 pm
2 packets rapid rise yeast
2 T sugar
1 1/2 c warm water
3 1/2 c bread or all-purpose flour
1 t salt
2 c hot water
1 T baking powder
1 large egg

Preheat oven to 425. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
Place the yeast and sugar into a large mixing bowl. Add the 1 1/2 c warm water. Stir to dissolve the yeast. Let stand for 7 minutes. No bubbles after, wait 3 more minutes, if not chuck it and start all over.
Add the flour and salt to the yeast mixture. with your hands, mix the ingredients in the bowl to get them to form a rough dough; it will not be smooth. Transfer the dough to your work surface. Knead the dough. Really push and pull it to get the dough smooth.
With a knife, cut the dough into 8 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a long, thin rope, about 12-16" long. Twist into a pretzel or any shape.
Pour the 2 c of hot water into a bowl or pan and stir in the baking powder. Dip each pretzel, one at a time on each side and put on pan.
for salted pretzels:
brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with kosher salt very lightly. Bake for 12-15 until golden brown. When done, remove from pan and allow to cool a little before eating.
for cinnamon sugar pretzels:
place 4 T butter in microwave bowl with 2 T sugar and 1 t cinnamon and microwave for 45 seconds to melt the butter. Stir and brush onto pretzels. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown. When done, brush on more butter mixture.

shopaholic

Post Tue, Jan 13 2009, 10:17 am
I made it a few years back with DS's help. they were very good. It's a great cookbook. I've made a lot of the recipes, esp the rainbow salad.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins