Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Brisket...okay to freeze?

happysmile

Post Sun, Jan 11 2009, 8:51 pm
I just bought this 10 Lb brisket a day before it expired....can I freeze it for a long period of time like till pesach (3 months)? My question is that this brisket has been on the shelf in the store until a day before it was expired...I then stuck it right into the freezer...I know meat can last for 3 months in the freezer but because I bought it so close to the expired date does that make a diffrence?

Pineapple

Post Sun, Jan 11 2009, 8:53 pm
According to betty croker roasts and steaks can be frozen uncooked for 6 - 12 months

rise above

Post Sun, Jan 11 2009, 9:31 pm
I'm not sure how it works with the expiration date, but one suggestion is to cook up the meat and then freeze it in a sauce cooked. Meat freezes beautifully.

MidwestMommy

Post Sun, Jan 11 2009, 9:38 pm
Yeah I agree with rise above... I cooked a bunch of briskets in sauce for Succos and then froze them. Just last week I defrosted one and we had it for shabbos. You would never know it had been frozen! Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics