Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
At what age holding their own bottle?

tzatza

Post Mon, Jan 12 2009, 11:48 am
I cannot recall when did my other kids started holding their own bottles. I give my 6 m.o. a bottle at night (of course, wouldn't mind him holding it himself:). I don't want to prop, just wait till he can steadily hold it. What age did your child start doing it?

Kugel lover

Post Mon, Jan 12 2009, 12:56 pm
By 6 months my baby was holding her bottle but only when she was laying down. by 7 months she was able to hold it when she's sitting.

BusyBeeMommy

Post Mon, Jan 12 2009, 1:03 pm
I've seen babies as young as 5 months holding their own bottles. I think the factor of how often they get a bottle has to be considered. My baby got a bottle only a few times a week from 7 months and almost no ottles before that so it took her quite a while to figure out that she could hold it. She didn't fihure it out until after a year old.

ss321

Post Mon, Jan 12 2009, 1:42 pm
my first couldnt do it till 7 months. my second at 5 months. sometime around then I guess. also depends how often they are bottle fed-how foregin this bottle thing they are supposed to be holding is to them.

Pineapple

Post Mon, Jan 12 2009, 6:33 pm
My kids were "late" ds held it at 10 months and dd at 13 months

amother

Post Mon, Jan 12 2009, 6:40 pm
my baby is 7 mths and if I'm not quick enough to stick the bottle in his mouth he grabs it out of my hands and sticks it in.
However I won't put him to bed with it to feed himself yet. I still hold him on my lap while he is drinking, sometimes holding it sometimes he is.

When he is older maybe.

raizy

Post Mon, Jan 12 2009, 11:26 pm
my baby can hold her own bottle but I dont really let her yet. I want to hold her bottle for her as long as it goes. till one year. I feel so close to her when she drinks her bottle and sleeps on me.

I know I do all the bad things. like letting her nap on me and I hold her bottle but who cares . they grow up so quickly anyways. the first year is a blur in how fast it goes. enjoy it while it last.

#1cook

Post Sun, Jan 18 2009, 10:56 pm
my 5 month old just started holding the bottle but she dropes it in middle of eating. I still hold her and feed her myself but once a day I let her hold it so she can master the holding and not drop it in middle of eating.

Chaya08

Post Mon, Jan 19 2009, 8:28 pm
my baby is 9 months and she knows how to hold it. BUT she won't. She holds it until she realizes that my hand isn't there and then takes the bottle up, throws it away, and starts laughing Crying
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics