Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Maclaren Or Inglesina

Pineapple

Post Tue, Jan 20 2009, 10:36 am
I need a single stroller that

I can fold with one hand

Is light

Has a place in the back where a child can stand

Which Maclaren or Inglesina would you recommend?

Shu

Post Tue, Jan 20 2009, 12:08 pm
I have the Maclaren techno classic. The one I have is a 2004 model, I think.
I LOVE it. Folds a dream, very light, goes easily up most steps (if there is no piece sticking out) and, unlike most Inglesinas, can seat a child that is a large 3 or 4 yrs old.

Downside: Not very stable. If you load to many bags on the handles, it will tilt if the child isn't in the carriage or if the child doesn't weigh alot.

Good luck.

frumluv

Post Tue, Jan 20 2009, 12:41 pm
I had the Inglesina Swift when my son was 1-3 yrs. old. I liked it, but then moved to Maclaren Volo (which was much lighter, but does not recline).

RachelEve14

Post Tue, Jan 20 2009, 12:43 pm
I don't think any of the maclarens have a place where a second child can stand (unless they have a new one out). Have you thought about the P3 (perego?). It's an umbrella fold with a child step on the back.

Mrs Bissli

Post Tue, Jan 20 2009, 12:55 pm
I also used McLaren Volo--very easy to fold and open with one hand, a mesh basket (though smallish). I haven't used it but many people use clip-on Buggy Boards so that an older child can stand on the back. I think it's made (or sold here) by a company called Lascals

Nomad

Post Tue, Jan 20 2009, 3:06 pm
I have inglesina zippy 2008. it does fold with one hand which is nice - but I had major problems with it. there was a part that was broken which prevented it from closing and opening properly. it looks like this happened because the newer models are made differently than the older ones. customer service stunk. also mine squeaks like crazy (which I really am not happy about considering it was so expensive.) and now my son is 14 months and it looks like hes barely fitting in it with his coat on. so I would NOT recommend that stroller

JuliaB

Post Tue, Jan 20 2009, 3:11 pm
I have a maclaren quest and love it. we thought about getting the inglesina zippy but it is much heavier - although the zippy is comparable to the maclaren techno xt. although the Ing fold is very quick and easy, so is the maclaren once you get used to it. the only things I don't like about the maclaren is (1) it tips over if you put something heavy on the bars (but I think that is true for most umbrella type strollers and (2) it is hard to reach the basket if the seat is reclined.

JuliaB

Post Tue, Jan 20 2009, 3:12 pm
one more thing that I forgot - I don't think that either the maclaren or inglesina has the option of having a child stand in the back.

qeenB

Post Tue, Jan 20 2009, 8:27 pm
I had a maclaren techno and loved it . I replaced it with the inglesina trip and it was a total waste of money. it didnt move properly and did not last as long as the maclaren.

queen

Post Tue, Jan 20 2009, 8:55 pm
I have inglesina and there IS a bar for a kid to stand on. (not really very big, but existent)

I got the inglesina as that was the one in "vogue" when I bought 3+ years ago.
I was very happy then, and walked with it 3 miles each day. Pushed very well, and folded very easily with one hand. (and folds small)

However, now we have a double city series jogger and it pushes unbelievably..... but it IS a jogger with great rubber big wheels. Inglesina (like most regular singles) have regular plastic type wheels.

My inglesina also squeaks a little bit at times.

curlytop

Post Tue, Jan 20 2009, 9:01 pm
I have the Inglesina Zippy and am very happy with it.
I bought it almost 3 years ago and am using it for my second kid BH .
The bar in the back comes in handy since my big one can actually use it.
The straps are not the easiest to use
It is great going up and down steps
Not that light, but I can fold it with one hand no prob.

Pineapple

Post Mon, Jan 26 2009, 8:01 pm
RachelEve14 wrote:
Have you thought about the P3 (perego?). It's an umbrella fold with a child step on the back.

Do you know about how much they run?

RachelEve14

Post Tue, Jan 27 2009, 1:37 am
This is the cheapest one I see (I have bought from this shop before).

http://www.albeebaby.com/pegpe20plp3c1.html

It's a couple of years old (the actual stroller is new, just that it's an older model). You can scroll through and see what they have.

I personally have a quest and I'm very happy with it (maclaren), but you can not put 2 kids on it in any way. No place to stand in the back. I'm not sure if you can use the step on the perego if the stroller is fully reclined, you would have to check with someone who owns one, but they are very popular around here and I haven't heard any complaints about them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics