Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
What kind of music do you want to be listening to ?
1  2  Next

Sunflower99

Post Sun, Feb 12 2006, 1:04 pm
Hi ladies,

This is my first post here, so hello everyone.

I was wondering, what type of music you all like. I'm working on a new cd, writing the songs, picking the topics etc..

I can't seem to decide what direction to go in. My target audience is frum women, who want to hear Jewish music that they can

a.sing along to
b.relate to
c.dance with their kids with and
d.spiritually uplift them.

My question is, what do you want to HEAR? What topics would you like to sing about? What mood do you prefer your music to put you in? Do you like funny clever songs or more serious heart kvetching songs?

Consider this a made to order cd! So, any suggestions?
Thanks
Chanale

queen

Post Sun, Feb 12 2006, 1:12 pm
let me know once it's out.... I'll run to buy it!
someone seeing my CD collection said he felt as if he was in a candy store Smile

AweSumThenSum

Post Sun, Feb 12 2006, 1:16 pm
I love country music for the rhythm and for the double entendres.

red sea

Post Sun, Feb 12 2006, 1:21 pm
My advice to you is to go with what moves you, - it will come across in your music.

If you really want to know my taste I'll just say the only thing I do not like at all is oy, yoy, yoy, kvetch music of any form.

Last edited by red sea on Sun, Feb 12 2006, 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother

Post Sun, Feb 12 2006, 2:16 pm
of course the artist knows how to make music from her soul. but she's looking for ideas and inspiration.

carrot

Post Wed, Feb 15 2006, 12:59 pm
I like music that is in English and talks about personal feelings or experiences, in a real "every-day" way. I really don't go for the kind of music that is just Pesukim or quotes from Gemara and it is doubtful the singer really has any connection with those words.

deedee

Post Wed, Feb 15 2006, 11:17 pm
"I used to think my mother was the shabbos queen..." awesome CD Wink

Chani

Post Wed, Feb 15 2006, 11:21 pm
I love acoustic guitar ballad type music...closest frum singer to that that I've heard is Yosef Karduner. Would be even better in English; I have to think too hard listening to Ivrit.

shanie5

Post Sun, Feb 19 2006, 8:46 am
chanale- I bought your cd when you performed here- we love it. we like country music too, but we sing along with all your songs.

welcome to imamother., and let us know when your new cd is ready.

Sunflower99

Post Tue, Feb 21 2006, 11:16 am
Thanks Shani and deedee, for your compliments. Which cd do you have Shani? Did you get Vatispalel Chana? I did a country style song on that cd that I think you will like alot.

OK, so I'm getting the idea here. I see women like country style music alot. That is really my favorite genre of music, and that seems to be what I've been writing lately.Carrot, my pet peeve is also songwriters who use psukim from tanach with melodies that just dont do the words justice.

Its more challenging to write meaninful toichindik songs then secular love ballads and pop songs. The frum audiance is more discerning and particular and I want to make sure that I dont cheat them of a positive listening experience.

It's also hard to be a frum female singer in general. It's an expensive project to release a cd and sales are pretty limited. But bh, its been a few years and things are going well for me, so I have the motivation to continue in this business and work on better and better productions.
Thank you for your support:)
Chanale

shanie5

Post Tue, Feb 21 2006, 11:25 am
how many cds do you have? we have 'believer', but would love more. where can we get them?
actually, I think we need another copy of 'believer' too.

Sunflower99

Post Tue, Feb 21 2006, 11:57 am
Hi Shani,

I have Beliver, Crown of Creation and Vatispalel Chana, the newest one.

You can get them at www.jewishjukebox.com

Chanale

amother

Post Wed, Feb 22 2006, 12:06 am
Hey Chanale,
I would love to see some old Chof Beis shvat Montreal songs, songs from our choirs, songs that bring back the good ol' days of high school... you know what I mean? (yes, I am a fellow classmate of yours, I think I'll pm you)

amother

Post Wed, Feb 22 2006, 1:17 am
Amother I am also a classmate Wink
do I know you...?

chanale I'm so proud of you!

technic

Post Wed, Feb 22 2006, 3:35 am
I have 2 admit that id never heard of u b4 embarrassed but have just played clips from jewishjukebox and im BLOWN away!!!...if u ever perform in england pls let me know Very Happy

TzenaRena

Post Mon, Mar 06 2006, 2:57 pm
Chanale, will you be singing this Motzie Shabbos at the Chidon Hamitzvos? my daughter might be in it, so I'll be there iy"h. I can't wait to hear you sing.

Sunflower99

Post Mon, Mar 06 2006, 3:03 pm
Sara Yehudis,

Yes I will and I am really excited too. The hall is huge!

I am preparing something really nice too...

See you soon:-)

Chanale

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Mar 06 2006, 3:07 pm
I mainly listen to lectures from Rabbi Friedman (Manis).

LubavitchLeah

Post Mon, Mar 06 2006, 3:34 pm
Chanale, you ever plan on performing in Toronto?

red sea

Post Wed, Mar 29 2006, 5:56 pm
Hey Chanala, is it too late to give you a more specific reply? You website is kewl.

I'll answer what kind of music by doing a very inexperienced and unprofessional review, ok with ya?

I listened to all the sound clips that were linked and this is what I liked -

Shabbos Queen- the musical arrangement was awesome,

No Matter Where you roam- my favorite one- music and lyrics-but honestly the lyrics would be more across the board if the words didn't delve, I don't mean this anyway negatively, but I can't see chabad house being played in many non chabad high schools,

vatispalel chana, how can u, and remember - I can see these really being favorites of many women (not specifically me, my taste is a little different,

Amar rabbi akiva was awesome but I would have enjoyed if you took a section of the classic and switched it up a bit but the music was so good, and

my business was ***** five stars.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics