Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
What age do you start using an exercauser?

Mommy F.

Post Tue, Jan 27 2009, 8:26 pm
The label says 4 months.
But does anyone use it before then?

Atali

Post Tue, Jan 27 2009, 8:32 pm
Yes, I started with DD at three months but she had very good head and back control (she could sit momentarily at four months)

BlumaG

Post Tue, Jan 27 2009, 10:18 pm
I started around 4 months - thats when my kids seems to control their heads better, some of them were closer to 5 months

lech lecha08

Post Wed, Jan 28 2009, 12:43 am
I started at 3 months with both my kids but they had very good head control since birth.
Also, ours had "feet" that you can open up to make it more stable so the baby is not constantly rocking with every movement.

mom2bsn

Post Wed, Jan 28 2009, 2:23 am
I waited til 5 months when my son was able to sit up by himself. You arent supposed to put them in for more than 30-40 minutes at a time because it can be bad for their development

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Jan 28 2009, 10:45 am
All my kids went in at times before 4 months, but their head control BA"H has been above par (my baby was sitting before 4 months)...but I haven't brought mine up for storage this time around, and I only use it at my in-laws. I don't like to overuse it (and my older kids will jump on the one I have if I bring it up).

ss321

Post Wed, Jan 28 2009, 4:59 pm
I started using it at 3 months, thats when my kids are usually able to hold up their heads (though not 100% control). For the first month or so, I will only put them in if I am right there watching (cuz of the head control issue), and I sometimes try to put a pillow or something behind their heads ....
If you feel comf. with it u can use it before 4 months.

Tova2

Post Fri, Feb 06 2009, 10:50 am
I don't have one, it's much too bulky for the small apartment I have, I used a jumper and my swing, and my baby was on the floor LOADS!! you could think that she should have been crawling early cuz of that, but no, she started crawling at close to 9 months!
my friends baby is just 3 months old, and is already in the exersaucer! her baby is close to 19 lbs, he's big and has a very good head control. so there - it depends on the Head control!!!

mommalah

Post Fri, Feb 06 2009, 11:39 am
I never used it with any of my kids. Tummy time is more beneficial for them.

gryp

Post Fri, Feb 06 2009, 11:43 am
Five months. It gets put away a few weeks later. My babies have always hated being trapped inside especially since they start crawling soon after. I regret buying it. All it does is use up precious storage space.

Kugel lover

Post Fri, Feb 06 2009, 12:18 pm
I started at 4 months
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics