Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Dr Lasser anyone? Why did he disappear?

ILOVELIFE

Post Wed, Jan 28 2009, 1:19 am
I used Dr Lasser (OB/gyn) for my first DD and loved the man. He was the most awesome doc.

Shortly after DD was born, he mysteriously left the practice (in Cornell). For personal reasons, I NEED to know why he left......

The office won't tell me and I just NEED to rule some things out.....

He left in '06

toberella

Post Sun, Aug 15 2010, 11:10 pm
I was wondering the same thing...did you ever find out? I really liked him.

ILOVELIFE

Post Sun, Aug 15 2010, 11:22 pm
nobody like him. I heard he kinda snapped-- I find it hard to believe...

toberella

Post Sun, Aug 15 2010, 11:29 pm
well, if I had to compare pregnancies 1 and 2 with dr. lasser, I would have to say that the wait grew longer (sometimes up to 2 hours!) and he looked really frazzled during appointments. however, if I could still use him, I would! he was great.

ILOVELIFE

Post Sun, Aug 15 2010, 11:51 pm
toberella wrote:
well, if I had to compare pregnancies 1 and 2 with dr. lasser, I would have to say that the wait grew longer (sometimes up to 2 hours!) and he looked really frazzled during appointments. however, if I could still use him, I would! he was great.

ditto!

morah

Post Sat, Oct 30 2010, 11:02 pm
Looks like I'm a little late joining the convo, but this popped up while I was looking for something else, and it seems you're all dying to know what happened so I'll help you out. My father is really good friends with Dr. Lasser (they were in medical school together), and he comes over to my family for Shabbos and YT all the time. He was really burnt out and retired early. He is also rather bitter about how the practice of medicine has changed over the years, and I don't blame him; I've heard my dad complaining about all the same things.

ILOVELIFE

Post Sat, Oct 30 2010, 11:16 pm
morah wrote:
Looks like I'm a little late joining the convo, but this popped up while I was looking for something else, and it seems you're all dying to know what happened so I'll help you out. My father is really good friends with Dr. Lasser (they were in medical school together), and he comes over to my family for Shabbos and YT all the time. He was really burnt out and retired early. He is also rather bitter about how the practice of medicine has changed over the years, and I don't blame him; I've heard my dad complaining about all the same things.

oh wow! So what does he do these days? I really really really miss him

morah

Post Sat, Oct 30 2010, 11:25 pm
He travels, likes outdoors-y kind of stuff. I hear former patients really miss him, he was one of the best. But it is nice to see him enjoying himself these days, in the year before he stopped practicing he seemed really haggard.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics