Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How can I spice up my cleaning life?
1  2  3  Next

octopus

Post Fri, Jan 30 2009, 10:28 am
I'm the first to admit- I hate cleaning. Anyway to make it fun and interesting instead of boring, tedious, and monotonous?

and most importantly, why do you enjoy cleaning? (besides the finished product).

yo'ma

Post Fri, Jan 30 2009, 10:42 am
music

Fabulous

Post Fri, Jan 30 2009, 10:49 am
Talk on the phone, works for me

zaq

Post Fri, Jan 30 2009, 10:58 am
Pretend you're the crown pricess of Nepal, kidnapped at birth and forced into slavery, and plot the overthrow of your enslavers. Or you're Martha Stewart making a housecleaning video . Or a rich debutante going undercover as a cleaning lady so you can write a book about how the other half lives.

gryp

Post Fri, Jan 30 2009, 11:00 am
Or invite someone over. Smile
That always gets me cleaning in a jiffy.

Fabulous

Post Fri, Jan 30 2009, 11:01 am
zaq wrote:
Pretend you're the crown pricess of Nepal, kidnapped at birth and forced into slavery, and plot the overthrow of your enslavers. Or you're Martha Stewart making a housecleaning video . Or a rich debutante going undercover as a cleaning lady so you can write a book about how the other half lives.

Are you a writer? because that was hysterical!

greenfire

Post Fri, Jan 30 2009, 11:04 am
procrastinate ...

zaq

Post Fri, Jan 30 2009, 11:20 am
Fabulous wrote:
zaq wrote:

Are you a writer? because that was hysterical!

errr, no...I'm the crown princess of Shmekistan, kidnapped at birth. The wicked agents of CRUM (Committe to Remove Unnecessary Monarchy) forced me into slavery. I escape the misery of scrubbing greasy pots by imagining that I'm a famous entertainer filming a TV commercial for a miracle detergent.

octopus

Post Fri, Jan 30 2009, 1:30 pm
lol, zaq, you're funny.

GR- that's seems to be the only thing that get's me moving- company coming over. Though it does leave me a mess afterwards to clean up, up as well. Confused

Aidelmom

Post Sat, Jan 31 2009, 2:38 pm
zaq wrote:

We actually did somvething simvilar as kids. brings back memories of cleaning up the queens palace.

pinktichel

Post Sat, Jan 31 2009, 3:00 pm
Fabulous wrote:
Talk on the phone, works for me

I do the same! I get the most done when I'm on the phone. Dh can't understand it but definitely doesn't complain. Wink

mandksima

Post Sat, Jan 31 2009, 3:42 pm
I think any proper balabusta would own these "must-haves"- this way cleaning is fun and chic

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/st.....70283

Raisin

Post Sat, Jan 31 2009, 3:45 pm
listen to something interesting online.

Tamiri

Post Sat, Jan 31 2009, 3:50 pm
Spice it up? I am sure you can get a "nice" maid's outfit at Fredericks of Hollywood 8)

Sorry, hard to relate cause I really do enjoy cleaning and it's aftermath.

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Jan 31 2009, 6:41 pm
To me, cleaning is squeezed in, not a chunk of time delegated for that. It helps some.

mimivan

Post Sat, Jan 31 2009, 7:11 pm
set a timer and limit the amount you are going to do at any one time (flylady tip)

A neighbor once told me that what she does when she is faced at the end of the day with a sink full of dishes and clothes and toys everywhere is she steps out of the door, and tells herself that she is going to go do some chesed work for a poor woman who is too tired to clean and needs help taking care of her family. Then she walks in the door and gets to work.

I try this sometimes. My dh thinks it is kinda weird, but it works. LOL

p.s zaq...loved your post

chillax

Post Sat, Jan 31 2009, 9:49 pm
mandksima wrote:
I think any proper balabusta would own these "must-haves"- this way cleaning is fun and chic

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/st.....70283

Got something like this at Target from the dollar rack tonight, can't wait to use 'em! Tongue Out

sisterindeed

Post Mon, Feb 02 2009, 10:14 am
Has anyone ever heard of Hakol Beseder? There is a number to call where you hear a new nessage every day with a ten-minute task to accomplish that day. I've heard of people who it works wonders for. Her main idea is to do a bit every day so when it comes to Pesach it's not stressful at all. For example one day the task might be to clean the garbabe-bin or to organize one shelf in your bedroom. The number to call is 718.303.4386.

Good luck for whoever tries it.

octopus

Post Mon, Feb 02 2009, 10:16 am
sisterindeed wrote:
Has anyone ever heard of Hakol Beseder? There is a number to call where you hear a new nessage every day with a ten-minute task to accomplish that day. I've heard of people who it works wonders for. Her main idea is to do a bit every day so when it comes to Pesach it's not stressful at all. For example one day the task might be to clean the garbabe-bin or to organize one shelf in your bedroom. The number to call is 718.303.4386.

Good luck for whoever tries it.

I feel that there is no point to getting to a shelf or a garbage bin if I have more pressing and urgent mess flying around.

gryp

Post Mon, Feb 02 2009, 10:17 am
Octopus, when I'm really not in the mood I tell myself I'm just putting in 20 minutes worth. I'm always surprised by how much I can accomplish in 20 minutes! Try it. Smile
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry