Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Ob-gyn in jerusalem covered by meuchedet
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

lst

Post Sun, Feb 01 2009, 11:06 am
I felt very taken care of medically by Dr. Pollak. He is a very knowledgable doctor. I've been to a number of OB-GYNs here and I've been most impressed with Dr. Pollak (aside from one that I paid for privately who I WISH would start working for meuchedet).

And it terms of bedside manner, I've been to worse. In America and in Israel. But Im kind of a hypochandriac so I tend to ignore bedside manner if I know the medical aspect is well taken care of, unless its really bad of course.

pgk

Post Sun, Feb 01 2009, 12:00 pm
I was really happy with Pinelis - no trouble getting appointments, all the time in the world, total non-alarmist. At the same time he's not very technical in his office in town (no scale - I was never weighed!) I think things may be different in the Pisgat Ze'ev office, so you have to find out if this is important to you. I spoke to my insurance broker when I was looking for a doctor and she told me that no one has heard of him (he was pretty new in town then) but she (who unfortunately had lots of opportunities to visit doctors) was very impressed by him. I was very impressed with him too.

baba

Post Sun, Feb 01 2009, 1:12 pm
I was also happy with dr. Pinelis. The only thing that bothered me is that you had to call him on his cell for everything (includng making appointments). On the one hand it's nice to know you can always contact him, but on the other hand, I found myself not wanting to call when it was something less urgent, cause I felt I was some how invading his privacy.
He really is a non alarmist and it's easy and relatively quick to get an appointment with and he's almost always on time, generally even early. Since his schedule isnt pressures, you actually get the 10 min. planned for you. Oh, he does have a scale now in town.

smiley:)

Post Sun, Feb 01 2009, 1:55 pm
lol - the scale. I was just thinking about that yesterday.

I liked that Dr Pinelis was always reachable even though I don't think I ever used it. I dont understand - such a profession is dealing with 2 lives (baby and parent) per patient - how can drs be so unreachable?

morkush

Post Sun, Feb 01 2009, 3:05 pm
Mrs.K wrote:
I had to see Dr. Pollak once, 6 years ago when I was expecting my first.

I do not want to go into details, you may PM me if it's pertinent to you specifically, and I know many people have only great things to say about him.

I left his office in tears. I have never been treated that way before. I am not an emotional person and do not cry easily but I would never go back there if he was the last OB on earth.

Yep. I agree with you. Except by the time I had the appointment with him (at week 10, being the first available appt) I had already miscarried, and I was just going to check that everything was ok. And I had a horrible experence. I would not recommend him, even though medically, he is a great choice.

miriamnechama

Post Mon, Feb 02 2009, 11:08 am
Ima0f2 wrote:
Strawberry wrote:
Dr Statman

ill fourth him, I liked him, I wasnt high risk and he was a pleasure, spoke english fluently, I cant say hes the most intelligent doctor, but pleasant, personable and a mench.

sorry I disagree with you.

I'm using him now, I find him very intelegent, very knowlegable, .

true he's a mentsh, and pleasent, he's also very gentle.... one he checked me I felt nothing which is unusual as most aren't so careful. good bedside manners.

I also like the way he says so we're davening and we need to keep daveining...

he does u/s also like every visit but I assume if ou don't want it he won't do it.. I think he's ok with that.

he gave mehis email sometime ago so if I have questions I can email himandhe'll answer me.

and a big one, he was at ds2's birth and delivery by chance.. (see my second birth story) he was extremely patient, always asked permish befor he checked me, calmed me down, told me to relax, was literally with me those 2 hours, didn't push me into meds...and still doesn't. he's open to natural ideas or different ideas like when I wasn't music at my birth he was fine with it.

I really don't know what else to say... I only have good things about him

miriamnechama

Post Mon, Feb 02 2009, 11:12 am
btw I did use roznak years ago.... I was happy with him, but he left beitar since.. so statman took his place.

I have also seen over the years, Dr chovav yedidia and Dr elgavish. and dr meiravb raz dr chovav was good, a real mentch but too calm, though I heard he has real emunas chachamim..

I've heard hi say to chasidishe women when they said oh their rebbe said this what should we do, they he said wellfor sure take the rebbe's advice.

once I used zilberman refael.. I wouldn't advise.

oh and pollak now works in beitar.

israel22

Post Mon, Feb 02 2009, 4:21 pm
ahhh the dr matzav on mechudet in jerusalem! well I can say is I heard great things about pollack and once I started going to him I heard the opposite and for some funny reason stuck with him til the end of that pregnancy! I will suggest if you use him and your not USING HIS HOSPITAL dont' tell him! imade that mistake and didn't hear the end of it, I then tired hornreich and I got the feeling she just doesn't like charedim for some funny reason dont' ask why she works at shefa and I was so scared to tell her I didnt' do a certain ultrasound I canceld my apt and switched! so now I go to dr. levy she is in merpat geulah so far so good! hatlzacha on your decison!

miriamnechama

Post Mon, Feb 02 2009, 11:55 pm
there's also dr chezi horren, very nice and careing.

dr maayani and dr reubinoff, women not so great.

I oonce used horensein eliezer... I wasn't impressed with him one bit.

mamacita

Post Tue, Feb 03 2009, 12:11 am
I liked Dr Stetman very much. He was very nice, friendly, spoke good english, very knowledgeable.

I"ve also used Dr. Berger and Dr. Mayani. I liked both of them, they were very knowledgeable. I felt more comfortable with Dr. Stetman because he was warmer and more friendly. Some people like having more distance with their doctors though.

Bored

Post Tue, Feb 03 2009, 2:41 am
I really like pinellis. He is really a wonderful caring and patient OB> Not kuppah-like. Really builds a relationship with the patient and remembers them

Mama2two

Post Tue, Feb 10 2009, 10:18 am
In Israel Drs are not as professional bec. they are not as responsible for their actions. THere are horror stories about every top Dr. here. Even the top private ones who everyone uses. I think Dr. Baruch from Sharei Tzedek is the only one I never heard anything bad about. I used him and was very impressed with him, but he is not covered by meuchedet. if you have adif then they will pay you eighty percent for visit. I also used Dr. Pollack and I second what everyone said. He's good medically (eventhough I did hear stories about him too) but like everyone said about his bedside manor. I personally didn't have any problem and use him over and over but I do have friends who left in tears. You can't take him so seriously. You also have to wait so long there sometimes. About Hornreich in Shefa I heard her ultrasound machine is not great and many people get scared and she sends them running to Geula for a better ultrasound bec. can't see well.

kermit the frog

Post Wed, Feb 11 2009, 6:00 am
I've hear great things about dr baruch, but use dr grusaru with whom I'm very happy, but paying privately. never had any problems getting an appt, she does u/s in her office (in shaare tzedek) and her english is perfect. I know a lot of people who use her and everyone loves her!

aussiegal

Post Wed, Feb 11 2009, 7:35 am
Mama2two wrote:
Dr. Baruch from Sharei Tzedek is the only one I never heard anything bad about. I used him and was very impressed with him, but he is not covered by meuchedet. if you have adif then they will pay you eighty percent for visit. I.

Really??? HOw do I go about getting back the 80%?

miriamnechama

Post Wed, Feb 11 2009, 8:33 am
aussiegal wrote:
Mama2two wrote:
Dr. Baruch from Sharei Tzedek is the only one I never heard anything bad about. I used him and was very impressed with him, but he is not covered by meuchedet. if you have adif then they will pay you eighty percent for visit. I.

Really??? HOw do I go about getting back the 80%?

youre entitled once in a rivon, so after you went and paid you go back to he kupa I think with the dr's note or whatever and claim back the money which they give yoiu in cash.

livinginisrael

Post Wed, Feb 11 2009, 8:43 am
these doctors are covered by meuchedet but what about the actual delivery?does meuchedet cover hospital stay?what do you do then?

buzzinmom

Post Wed, Feb 11 2009, 8:55 am
livinginisrael wrote:
these doctors are covered by meuchedet but what about the actual delivery?does meuchedet cover hospital stay?what do you do then?

thats what u need bituach leumi for

buzzinmom

Post Wed, Feb 11 2009, 8:58 am
dr chezi horen in geula is amazing. he speaks english, is patient, understanding, knowledgable and a big mentsch. I used him for my pregnancy and I was really happy with him. O and on the topic of pollack he did my 5 mo ultasound. hmmm....he medically knew what he was doing but when I left his office I was blessing my lucky stars he isnt my main dr. he was so rude to me. before he even sed hi he was poking and jabbing about flatbush--hello we are not even from there...he cld of at least sed hi 1st...

livinginisrael

Post Wed, Feb 11 2009, 10:11 am
how can we get on bituach leumi if were not here for 6 months yet?

buzzinmom

Post Wed, Feb 11 2009, 10:30 am
well u van do it retroactively...and I have this guy named dagan that may be able to get you on...but her charges for his services--like 600 dollars
Page 2 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions