Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
How many MM do you make?
1  2  3  Next

octopus

Post Sun, Feb 01 2009, 3:28 pm
I have about 23 people on my list. More than ever. How many mishloach manos do you make for purim?

sarahd

Post Sun, Feb 01 2009, 3:33 pm
You already have a list?!

I think we had 11 or 12 people on our list last year. I expect to have about the same this year, plus ds's cheder rebbe and teachers.

yo'ma

Post Sun, Feb 01 2009, 3:34 pm
I'm probably going to make about 5, but give out less than that.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Feb 01 2009, 3:35 pm
we make about 6 - 8 but do it through the yishuv so that just in case we missed someone, they were given from us anyway.

gryp

Post Sun, Feb 01 2009, 4:15 pm
Maybe 10 real ones for friends and coworkers, but lots of kiddie ones.

shosh

Post Sun, Feb 01 2009, 4:19 pm
I am the world's biggest cheapskate and am not ashamed to admit it. I'll make one or two maximum, if that. I am the person who turns them around, rips off the labels, scrambles a couple of items, and then passes them on to the next one ... That way, everyone's happy and I don't have loads of junk left at home to get rid of by Pesach.

I know it sounds stingy, but I really don't have the money to waste on this stuff . Especially this year, when I'm paying for a bar mitzvah ...

Seraph

Post Sun, Feb 01 2009, 4:23 pm
I make cheapo ones, so about 20 or so. I b'h have a lot of friends in the area and this is my way of showing hakaras hatov. I have to say I'd be a little offended if my friends didnt give me, so I don't want to do that to my friends.
Growing up I used to be sad I didnt get much by way of shaloch manos. So I decide to give a lot so that way at least I get some back.

bbmom

Post Sun, Feb 01 2009, 4:38 pm
I'm part of the cheapo club I guess. I make about 3 for family and close friends.

I also make about 25 kiddie ones for my students and I join the other teachers in school by giving money towards MM's for the principals and office staff.

After that, I regift.

drumjj

Post Sun, Feb 01 2009, 4:49 pm
usually about seventy but this year im doing about ten as im due right before purim

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Feb 01 2009, 5:15 pm
I just give to a few friends close by; most of the women I know are too busy with their kids and their seudah to really take notice of me and what I do . Sad

the kids also only give a few, for the mitzvah .. dh alwasy makes too big a deal of purim, shel;pping around from hither to yon, then kvetches that none of his friends are home (they are either at work or dealing with kids and grandchildren).

morahmommy

Post Sun, Feb 01 2009, 5:19 pm
fifty

octopus

Post Sun, Feb 01 2009, 5:47 pm
well, my family is large (and comprise most of my list) and I feel kinda funny if they give me and I don't give them...

queen

Post Sun, Feb 01 2009, 7:00 pm

dora

Post Sun, Feb 01 2009, 7:23 pm

flowerpower

Post Sun, Feb 01 2009, 7:25 pm
I give about 35.

MiamiMommy

Post Mon, Feb 02 2009, 11:23 am
Somewhere around 50.

heffer569

Post Mon, Feb 02 2009, 12:33 pm
I just ordered the baskets for our mm to go in so we have our list and its a whooping 137 yea dont know how we will deliver all of them but its only once a year.

yo'ma

Post Mon, Feb 02 2009, 12:34 pm
heffer569 wrote:
I just ordered the baskets for our mm to go in so we have our list and its a whooping 137 yea dont know how we will deliver all of them but its only once a year.

shock shock What happens when you have to make a wedding?

natmichal

Post Mon, Feb 02 2009, 12:35 pm
2 each. extra money goes to the poors...

Marion

Post Mon, Feb 02 2009, 12:40 pm
This year we're giving 4, plus one for the Rav. Plus a small somethingorother for each of my sons' classroom staff (shared, one per classroom).

I guess I might put together a few cheapo ones (a bag of Bissli & a can of pop) in case any of the neighbours come by (we're frum, they're not, but I wouldn't want to send them away empty handed). And one for my MIL if we go for the 2nd day seudah.

The difference in spending will be given to tzedakah.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics