Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Chicken Stir-fry (chicken is already cooked)...

Mishie

Post Wed, Feb 04 2009, 2:37 am
I usually make Chicken stir-fry with cubed raw chicken which I stir-fry first, put aside, and then stir-fry the veggies, and then mix the two mixtures. and serve over rice.

However, this time, I have about 4 very large pieces of white meat (chicken) which is already cooked.
How do I proceed? Do you have any recipes?
Thanks!!

BeershevaBubby

Post Wed, Feb 04 2009, 3:19 am
When I'm short on time, I'll often grill the chicken breasts while the carrots start to stir-fry... basically what it means though is you lose the 'chicken juices' in the sauce and the sauce doesn't really penetrate into the chicken. But no one complains (and if they ever did, I'd tell them they can do the cooking next time Smile )

What about making a pot-pie with the chicken?

Mishie

Post Wed, Feb 04 2009, 5:15 am
Yesha, I'm afraid the chicken will be very dry.

When I use raw, I usually don't cook the pieces for too long, and they come out very tender that way.

BeershevaBubby

Post Wed, Feb 04 2009, 5:18 am
Basically, toss it in after you've cooked your veggies.

Mishie

Post Wed, Feb 04 2009, 5:22 am
Yeah, I think that's what I'll do.

stir-fry onions, carrots, zucchini, celery. (maybe sprouts if dh can bring them before dinner time).
(what about pumpkin and sweet potato strips? would that work?)
and then I'll cut up all the white meat into cubes and mix it in.
then add soy-sauce.
(the chicken was baked with spices like: salt, pepper, garlic and paprika).
I hope it comes out good.

meirav

Post Wed, Feb 04 2009, 5:38 am
If you have a sauce, it shouldn't be too dry

micki

Post Wed, Feb 04 2009, 10:37 am
I doo that all the time I use the leftover chicken.
first I saute onions and veggies broccoli, carrots celery eic then add garlic, salt a dab of earth balance then mix in the chicken. on a bed of rice. its quick and easy

sarahd

Post Wed, Feb 04 2009, 10:46 am
Can pumpkin and sweet potato be stir fried? I'd think they wouldn't soften up enough or would be completely dried out.

beautiful blessings

Post Wed, Feb 04 2009, 10:58 am
When I make a stir-fry with already cooked chicken (I.e. leftovers, or from the soup) I first saute the onion, then veggies, then add the chicken when veggies are ready (because it just has to heat through). Add a couple of tablespoons of duck sauce, and a mixture of water and corn starch (or flour) - serve it over spaghetti and call it Chinese!

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Feb 04 2009, 11:17 am
A few things - if you're going to use butternut squash or sweet potato, you have to cook them first for a while before cooking everything else or they'll be undercooked. When I do what you're doing, I just put the chicken in last to just warm it up.

Also, what I'm actually doing tonight, is making pulled chicken - stripping the chicken, adding bbq sauce and putting it on rolls. yum!

Mishie

Post Wed, Feb 04 2009, 12:15 pm
Didn't end up using the pumpkin and sweet potatoes.

My Mom e-mailed me her recipe (she's in Cali now, so couldn't ask her for it before).
Here it is:

cut ip chicken, put aside. chop vegs like onion, zuke, celery, sprouts, carrots in sticks, pepper. stir fry vegs till soft-ish, add chicken.

mix in bowl, starting w 6 T each brown sugar and vinegar and soy sauce, 3-4 T corn starch, a little ketshup. add some water or chicken soup. mix well and pir over chicken and vegs. perfect seasoning to sweet and sour. cook it til thickened add water if needed. add more corn starch if it needs to be thickened further. always disove in a little water first or it will get lumpy. serve over rice. good w soup nuts too.

Enjoy!!!
I have great childhood memories eating this yummy dish!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey