Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Baby doesn’t entertain herself

ShakleeMom

Post Wed, Feb 04 2009, 9:56 pm
My baby is three months (tomorrow). Her schedule consists of feeding/sleeping or feeding/awake in somebody’s arms. If you put her down, she cries. She loves company but after 15 minutes she gets over stimulated so she needs a nap. I was told by well meaning friends to let her ‘cry it out’ I think that’s just plain wrong. She doesn’t enjoy the mobile or other toys, but she sure loves watching me cook with my left hand!

greenfire

Post Wed, Feb 04 2009, 10:01 pm
does she respond better when you entertain her ...

ShakleeMom

Post Wed, Feb 04 2009, 10:02 pm
no, same difference.

Pineapple

Post Wed, Feb 04 2009, 10:05 pm
Why dont you try a sling?

ShakleeMom

Post Thu, Feb 05 2009, 12:02 am
I did. She's 'tall" and I can't see over her. Also, I feel pregnant all over again!

cubbie

Post Thu, Feb 05 2009, 1:26 am
Try feeding her straight after she wakes rather than before she sleeps, I found with both my girls this works better and they were more relaxed and able to "play" alone for a while without being kvetchy. Also move her every 10 minutes and don't give her too much to focus on or she will get over stimulated.

Tova2

Post Fri, Feb 06 2009, 11:00 am
my baby also cried a lot if I put her down - but up to 3 months. and it makes sense, their digestive systems are often not 'ready' and they need to be given time. babies should be happy, there's more to her crying than 'stom doesn't like the mobile'. Go to your doc. or I went to a Chiropractor and he was able to tell me which foods I'm giving her are not good for her stomach

ShakleeMom

Post Fri, Feb 06 2009, 11:07 am
I like the idea of moving her around every 10 minutes. It makes sense to me. right now she’s struggling to pass some gas and she’s sighing and her double chin is wobbling LOL I love her.

pinkbubbles

Post Sun, Feb 08 2009, 12:48 am
I'm assuming thats her in the picture, shes sooooooooooooooooooo sooooooooooo cute!! I would go crazy over her Very Happy

DS is 4 months now and B'H a great baby when hes not tired/hungry/wet etc. Which means I get some free time finally. In the beginning he was just like you describe.. I used a sling loads of times til he just got too heavy for me. Also having a swing really saved me.

ShakleeMom

Post Sun, Feb 08 2009, 4:30 pm
yep, that's her (I photoshopped the bow)... We did move her around more and so far... she's quite happy!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics