Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Baby doesn't have teeth yet
1  2  Next

Tova2

Post Fri, Feb 06 2009, 10:55 am
Is it normal that my baby - at 9 months old doesn't have teeth yet? and for how long before the tooth comes out can a baby be teething? (it's weird, cuz she was drooling at 2.5 months and every time she has a cold my babysitter says it's cuz she's teething - well, no tooth has as of yet come out! so...)

Tova2

Post Fri, Feb 06 2009, 11:34 am
Hello! nobody has what to say on this one?!

patriot

Post Fri, Feb 06 2009, 11:36 am
all I can say is that my SIL had a baby right after I got married, and MY BABY had three or four teeth before hers! some kids are just late bloomers.

Carefulmom

Post Fri, Feb 06 2009, 11:36 am
Well all I can say I was expecting my third child and I have a picture of my daughter with no teeth at 14 or 15 months. She is married and has all her teeth. Very Happy

GetReal

Post Fri, Feb 06 2009, 11:37 am
One of my brothers didn't get his first tooth until after his first birthday. My mother was soooo worried, but the dentist told her it's fine. B"H today he has all his teeth Smile

Kugel lover

Post Fri, Feb 06 2009, 12:15 pm
My baby is 9 months also and she doesn't have any teeth yet either. I don't think it's something to worry about

Tova2

Post Fri, Feb 06 2009, 12:59 pm
ok. thanks! got it!

sv9506

Post Fri, Feb 06 2009, 1:11 pm
My DS didnt get any teeth until 14 months (then he got 4 pretty fast). Like you, he had been drooling a lot, etc, since very young. After the first 4 teeth, I kept checking for more and he still hasn't (he is 19 months) gotten the next four but I did notice at around 18 months that he got a molar in. Now he has two molars (cant see if there are any on the other side). Now, he always has his hand far back in his mouth and his fingers are fill with saliva - yuck!

Anyway - don't worry, they will come soon enough.

sv9506

Post Fri, Feb 06 2009, 1:12 pm
Oh also, I dont know if this is true or not but I have heard that the later babies get their teeth the healthier their teeth are (also the later they will get their adult teeth).

lech lecha08

Post Sat, Feb 07 2009, 11:57 am
I wouldn't worry yet. Our pediatrician told me it's ok as long as the 1st tooth is before 15 months. My older one ended up getting 3 teeth the day before her 15 month birthday.

Seraph

Post Sat, Feb 07 2009, 3:46 pm
My son got his first tooth at 10 mos, second at 11, third and fourth at 14 mos, fifth at 15 months, and now at 17 months he's busy getting 5 teeth at once. Lots and lots of fun.

I babysat a kid who at 18 mos only had 4 teeth. Amazing what they can eat with so few teeth.

hadasa

Post Sat, Feb 07 2009, 4:01 pm
Late teething is usually genetic. And yes, late teethers also lose their baby teeth late. I read that a baby would have to be severely undernourished for it to affect his genetic teething schedule. I'm sure that's not the case, so just enjoy the toothless smiles for as long as they're meant to be.

amother

Post Sat, Feb 07 2009, 5:06 pm
I heard that late teethers have healthier teeth

Mommy F.

Post Sat, Feb 07 2009, 6:47 pm
dd got her first tooth at 1 yrs. old and her twin brother had tons of teeth by then.
Don't worry, they'll come in!

YALT

Post Sat, Feb 07 2009, 6:53 pm
there are already a few threads on this topic.
But DS got his first tooth at 18 months. He started teething at 3 months. DD's turning 1 tomorrow, and nothing yet. I'll talk about them when they come. Until then, I learnt from DS it doesn't pay to worry.
And BTW, his first teeth to come in were his molars. So don't just look in the front for them. She may just surprise you without you even noticing.
And one more thing: He's 3, and doesn't even have in all his teeth yet. But the dentist said he does see them there, and so not to worry.

greenfire

Post Sat, Feb 07 2009, 10:14 pm
my kids were all late teethers ... I wouldn't worry ...

curlytop

Post Sat, Feb 07 2009, 10:21 pm
My first got his first tooth at 14 months!!
My second at 8 months,
Go figure.

yo'ma

Post Sat, Feb 07 2009, 10:23 pm
I would think that if you're nursing, you would be thankful LOL .

I know, you just want to make sure it's normal.

Pineapple

Post Sat, Feb 07 2009, 10:26 pm
yo'ma wrote:
I would think that if you're nursing, you would be thankful LOL

lol

NYmommy

Post Sat, Feb 07 2009, 10:35 pm
My dd got her first set of teeth by 12 months! She's not 2 1/2 and still doesnt have all... Nothing to worry, they all get it...
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics