Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Baby doesn't have teeth yet
Previous  1  2

Tova2

Post Mon, Feb 09 2009, 11:05 am
now, now, isn't this funny! she got her first tooth on Shabbos!!! she was SCREETCHING for a good 1 1/2 hours. didn't know what she wanted!!! I touched her gums, and lo and behold - a tooth!!! just after I was starting to get worried!!! and yeh, I am nursing, so it is good that she's got only one tooth, but was just wondering if I got to be worried...

Levtov

Post Mon, Feb 09 2009, 12:21 pm
Late teething is definitely genetic. All my children spoke long before they had first tooth at 14 or 15 months. Now ainiklech are doing the same. Second teeth also come in late. My dentist claims the only problem is social. Teeth are not stronger, only they are less exposed to sweets when they come in later.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Feb 09 2009, 12:28 pm
dd got her first tooth right before her first birthday.

manhattanmom

Post Mon, Feb 09 2009, 12:40 pm
I was also told that teething patterns are genetic. The week of my son's 4 month birthday he cut THREE teeth and by the time he was 14 months he cut his 2 year molars. I've been brushing his teeth so obsessively since they came in!

sarahd

Post Mon, Feb 09 2009, 1:06 pm
I would imagine it's genetic. I got my first tooth at nearly 18 months and my sons were over a year old - closer to 14 months - before they got teeth.

I also lost my last baby tooth when I was almost 16 (in class, no less. How many 11th graders do you know whose teeth fell out in class? My teacher almost had a heart attack, she thought it was an adult tooth. LOL )

manhattanmom

Post Mon, Feb 09 2009, 1:14 pm
I don't think that getting your teeth late necessarily means they'll fall out late. I was a late teether--I got my first tooth after I was walking....and I lost all my baby teeth early, got braces at 9 and got them off at 11....
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics