Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Jap info
Previous  1  2  3  Next

nicole81

Post Thu, Mar 05 2009, 9:47 pm
I ended up purchasing the pony. It's just a regular 20+" wig, all one length. I had a massive amount of clips put in so it stays well on my head and looks natural.

Compared to other brands I looked at, the hair is soft and fine. It's a 24/14/12 and this color was just way too processed with other ponies I tried on.

I wore it for 15 hours today and I did not have to brush it, fix it, or adjust it even once. it still looks beautiful and is knot free (again, an awesome feat for light blond.)

We shall see how long it lasts for...

cindy324

Post Fri, Mar 06 2009, 10:48 am
Nicole, did you have someone at JAP cut it for you, as in bangs or adjust it? If yes, did they charge extra for that? I'm thinking about buying another JAP , a pony maybe for the summer.

How much did you pay for the 20"?

cb

Post Fri, Mar 06 2009, 11:48 am
did anyone get it cut by the stylist at JAP?
where you happy?

nicole81

Post Fri, Mar 06 2009, 4:11 pm
do they even have a stylist? when I went it was just the one woman running the place. I got mine cut in flatbush.

the 20" pony was $540. I think it's their most expensive one. they have another 20" that's layered, and less than $500. but this one is all one length so it's better for a pony. and I haven't measured it, but it looks more like 22" or so.

I also needed more clips for a pony and she gave me like 8 combs and clips thrown into the bag. kinda bare bones, but totally worth it:)

cb

Post Sat, Mar 07 2009, 8:03 pm
yes they do have a stylist but she was not there when I was there.

MidwestMommy

Post Thu, Mar 12 2009, 1:20 pm
Do they sell curly falls? Do they have a website I could look at?

nicole81

Post Thu, Mar 12 2009, 2:02 pm
MidwestMommy wrote:
Do they sell curly falls? Do they have a website I could look at?

I didn't see any when I went there.

they don't have much of a website, just a homepage with their prices: japwigs.com. you should call and ask; their # is on the site.

MidwestMommy

Post Thu, Mar 12 2009, 2:12 pm
Thanks, Nicole, I'll call them.

sunspot

Post Fri, Mar 20 2009, 12:24 pm
does the wig friz? also do they cut there? do they stand behind their wigs?

nicole81

Post Fri, Mar 20 2009, 1:31 pm
webdesignermom wrote:
does the wig friz? also do they cut there? do they stand behind their wigs?

I haven't washed it yet, but I wear it in the rain and snow without any frizzing at all so far.

someone said they have a stylist there now; I have no idea who this person is or how they are at cutting.

I don't think they have a guarantee and all sales are final. but call as ask.

sunspot

Post Fri, Mar 20 2009, 2:18 pm
thank you nicole--I am deciding between this and a chani weisel processed, Anybody had had it washed yet?

sunspot

Post Sun, Mar 22 2009, 2:20 pm
bump :roll:

skymile

Post Thu, Apr 02 2009, 4:44 pm
what's the phone number for jap in bp?

Cookies n Cream

Post Thu, Aug 23 2012, 3:34 pm
BUMP>
People that have them for a while already, can you update on how it held up?

noosheen

Post Sun, Aug 26 2012, 7:39 pm
bump

BusyBeeMommy

Post Sun, Aug 26 2012, 8:09 pm
I got a JAP fall and it was totally worth the price. I got it February 2010 and I'm still wearing it now. It was an ashy-blond when I got it with soft and silky hair. It oxidized massively over the past year and it looks strawberry blond now so I plan on getting another one. I think I got my money's worth as I was able to wear it for almost 2.5 years. The hair is still decent, but it's getting that processed look and it needs to be brushed much more often to look normal. Bottom line is that I would recommend it to a friend and I am going back to them for a pony.

nicole81

Post Sun, Aug 26 2012, 8:49 pm
I didn't get much use out of mine. I wore it every day for less than a year when it oxidized terribly. however because it was so heavily processed, it didn't take to dyeing well, and once I tried to die it, I had to throw it out.

OutATowner

Post Sun, Aug 26 2012, 9:35 pm
Love my JAP. Soft, smooth, great hair. People I know who have it are also very happy with it. Definitely worth it.

BusyBeeMommy

Post Sun, Aug 26 2012, 10:36 pm
nicole81 wrote:
I didn't get much use out of mine. I wore it every day for less than a year when it oxidized terribly. however because it was so heavily processed, it didn't take to dyeing well, and once I tried to die it, I had to throw it out.

Awww! That stinks! Do you have any other cheap brand you can recommend? I need to get something and I see you're a blond too.

el2cg

Post Sun, Aug 26 2012, 10:50 pm
I love my jap pony wig! I bought it 2.5 years ago. I just dyed it for the 2nd time. It was dyed a lighter shade then I usually dye my wigs because it absorbs the color too much. It actually came out darker than my other wigs, but I'm okay with that. I did not think I would get so much use from it, when I got it...
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels