Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
What does your baby smell like?
1  2  Next

amother

Post Thu, Feb 12 2009, 10:57 pm
I guess I could have put this under chit chat

It isn't so great to wake up in the middle of the night..but I co-sleep so it isn't so bad. I love it when I lift him from the warm snuggly bed from beneath the blanket and when he is warm and has been sleeping he smells just like an aged cheese! maybe cheddar..

No, today he smells like gouda.

anybody else with babies who have interesting fragrances...?

amother

Post Thu, Feb 12 2009, 10:58 pm
posting anon just in case people think this is really weird...if not, I'll out myself later, bli neder... LOL

Aribenj

Post Fri, Feb 13 2009, 1:07 am
LOL! You're too funny!

I always thought babies smelled like baby shampoo. But my rebbetzin told me that that yummy baby smell is actually the smell of Gan Eden, since a new neshama is as close to Gan Eden as you'll ever get.

When dd was born and they laid her on top of me, the first thing I did (even before knowing she was a girl or even looking at her) was to smell her head. And sure enough, through the goo and blood, she had that yummy baby smell! And it was SO strong!

mimivan

Post Fri, Feb 13 2009, 1:31 am
okay...it was me..
lovely post Arbenj

Yes, mine is the one who smells like Goo-Goo-Gouda!

mamacita

Post Fri, Feb 13 2009, 4:01 am
I always thought my babies smelled like maple syrup. And that nursing diapies smelled like whole wheat, which made it difficult to eat bread or bagels the same way!

Now they generally smell like whatever was the last thing they ate. Tonight was fish patties, ew! Smile

pinktichel

Post Fri, Feb 13 2009, 6:26 am
I was eating my breakfast.... LOL
I have no idea what my kids smelled/smell like! I never paid much attention...

sgr

Post Fri, Feb 13 2009, 7:07 am
My Baby smells liker heaven yummmmmmmmmmm!I guess you could say its the smell of Gan Eden.

btMOMtoFFBs

Post Fri, Feb 13 2009, 7:10 am
mimi, I didn't think you post was weird, just a little cheesy Wink

supermama2

Post Fri, Feb 13 2009, 8:08 am
My DH asked the ? if nonJewish babies smell like Jewish babies...I told him that I don't know.. Do you? He wondered if jewish babies are closer to gan eden.

mimivan

Post Fri, Feb 13 2009, 8:11 am
I don't know..but I think breastfed babies smell different from bottle fed. I know this because the very brief space of time my little boy took some formula...he smelled different...

still yummy..but not liked aged cheddar!

Tamiri

Post Fri, Feb 13 2009, 8:20 am
Mimi you made me laugh. There are no words to describe the smell of a baby. Gan Eden is good, and fine cheese is also good. mmmmmmm. I miss that baby smell. The truth is, a clean 4 yo smells pretty good too. You take what you can get. My 23 yo baby has always smelled delicious, even when he was in the army.

bnm

Post Fri, Feb 13 2009, 9:27 am
when clean- like baby shampoo, when dirty-a sour heartburn like smell.

greenfire

Post Fri, Feb 13 2009, 10:25 am
funny enough when I see a new baby - I just wanna smell them - suck up some heavenly youth ...

I still smell my baby before she goes to bed ... she giggles because it's practically part of her bedtime routine ... kisses, hugs and some sniffing (okay maybe it's causes she always comes out of the shower - but still) Drunken Smile

OldYoung

Post Fri, Feb 13 2009, 12:17 pm
Usually he smells delicious!! Now he smells like a dirty diaper that needs to be changed.. embarrassed

NotInNJMommy

Post Fri, Feb 13 2009, 12:18 pm
Desitin.

happyone

Post Fri, Feb 13 2009, 12:32 pm
Amniotic fluid at this point.

greenfire

Post Fri, Feb 13 2009, 12:46 pm
happyone wrote:
Amniotic fluid at this point.

must I ask Question Question What

ShakleeMom

Post Fri, Feb 13 2009, 12:53 pm
mimivan wrote:
breastfed babies smell different from bottle fed. I know this because the very brief space of time my little boy took some formula...he smelled different..

It;s true. There is the warm milky smell or the powderes stuff... sorta like milchig ice cream and parve toffutti

I got the johnson's baby cologne for $2.00 amazing stuff!

shoy18

Post Fri, Feb 13 2009, 3:10 pm
her hair smells like lavender and her body smells like vanilla oatmeal... both scents from her J&J products

toastedbagel

Post Sat, Feb 14 2009, 8:28 am
he used to smell like vanilla yogurt (when he was still breastfed), but he gets sweaty very easily and his hair get greasy in about three seconds - he is the first of my kids who can lose that "fresh from the bath" deliciousness basically as soon as he is out of the bath shock
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics